If you could only Pick one Ahhnold Movie, what would it be?

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Srsly guys, if you could only pick one Ahhnold movie, what would it be? He's got lots of hits but I'm curious to know which one you'd all pick if you were stuck on an island and could only grab 1 with ya.

For me, it might be Total Recall (Commando and Predator are pretty close).

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The Running Man... it's hard to pick ONE movie though, many are in the same level of goodness.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
This seems like an impossible choice.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i would probably go with Conan the Barbarian

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
A poll would have been fun here.

I am going with Running Man.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
T2.

Tempted to say the original Terminator but I feel like the lighter sequel is better for repeated viewings.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
BAH! It's summer camp horror movie with a generic villain.

It's Arnie mowing down Commies, silly explosions, a cool alien, loads of questionable acting, memorable quotes and a big-ass explosion at the end. That's all I expect from a movie I like to watch on rainy Sundays.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
i'll go with a dark horse choice of true lies. it was the only movie i thought jamie lee curtis was remotely attractive. that strip scene could at least provide wank material for those lonely nights.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
It's Arnie mowing down Commies, silly explosions, a cool alien, loads of questionable acting, memorable quotes and a big-ass explosion at the end. That's all I expect from a movie I like to watch on rainy Sundays.

Running Man is Arnie mowing down authoritarian neo-fascists, silly explosions, multiple cool looking villains, loads of questionable acting, memorable quotes (and replies), and big ass explosions at the end.

Plus everything else on top.... from Yaphet Kotto to Dweezil Zappa.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I like Running Man a lot but it's not even in the running. It probably has to be Predator, which could one of the top 5 movies of all time, along with Die Hard, Big Trouble in Little China, Alien (not Aliens, fuck off), and Tombstone.

Tacitus

Staff member
I like Running Man a lot but it's not even in the running. It probably has to be Predator, which could one of the top 5 movies of all time, along with Die Hard, Big Trouble in Little China, Alien (not Aliens, fuck off), and Tombstone.

Tombstone was shadow directed by Kurt Russell. Weird story behind that.

You know I'm not arguing against BTiLC.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tombstone was shadow directed by Kurt Russell. Weird story behind that.

You know I'm not arguing against BTiLC.

Kurt Russell did a damn fine job in Tombstone. But Val Kilmer stole every scene he was in.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Deciding for the best Arnold movie is like being the old lady in Running Man ("I can't decide - they're all so good!")
Was tempted to say Running Man in the beginning, but I agree that Predator is the better movie. Terminator 2 is also a very good choice, Conan is a classic. (Hell even Red Sonja was fun to watch in my teens)
I'm pretty surprised, that no one mentioned Total Recall yet.

Tacitus

Staff member
Kurt Russell did a damn fine job in Tombstone. But Val Kilmer stole every scene he was in.

There is no way to appreciate Kilmer's performance as an all-time great one without sounding like a douchebag bro. I'll just agree and move on.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

Tacitus

Staff member
Deciding for the best Arnold movie is like being the old lady in Running Man ("I can't decide - they're all so good!")

Dude, he has made some amazingly shitty movies. Let's not get crazy.

Was tempted to say Running Man in the beginning, but I agree that Predator is the better movie. Terminator 2 is also a very good choice, Conan is a classic. (Hell even Red Sonja was fun to watch in my teens)
I'm pretty surprised, that no one mentioned Total Recall yet.

Running Man has an eternally relevant message and has something to say. Predator is a bunch of beefcakes getting blown in half. STRAP THAT TO YOUR SORE ASS.

T2 isn't really an arnold movie.. he barely says anything.

I'd going pumping iron before t2.