If you could only Pick one Ahhnold Movie, what would it be?

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Conan the Barbarian - the insanely good soundtrack makes it the obvious choice for me. Take away Basil Poledouris going out of his mind, and I'd have to sit down and compare Conan/T1/T2/Predator/Total Recall.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There is no way to appreciate Kilmer's performance as an all-time great one without sounding like a douchebag bro. I'll just agree and move on.

I own a replica of every shirt Val wore as Chris Knight in Real Genius, and I wear them all the time.

Val Kilmer was great. Post cancer? Not so much. Be before cancer he was amazing.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Predator / Conan / T1 / True Lies / Total Recall

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Terminator 2 is my favorite. Runners up are The Terminator, The Running Man, Total Recall and Predator. You can stick any of those on and have a good time.

With all these Stephen King movies, remakes and series lately, I wonder if anyone will revisit The Running Man and make something that more closely resembles the source material.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Arnie swinging his sword around a bit when he's recovered in Conan and the whole lot of them pointlessly firing a million rounds into the jungle for 5 minutes in Predator are just brilliance that no female could ever understand.

There. Sexism is real, and important.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Deciding for the best Arnold movie is like being the old lady in Running Man ("I can't decide - they're all so good!")
Was tempted to say Running Man in the beginning, but I agree that Predator is the better movie. Terminator 2 is also a very good choice, Conan is a classic. (Hell even Red Sonja was fun to watch in my teens)
I'm pretty surprised, that no one mentioned Total Recall yet.

it was mentioned in the op :)

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
For me it’s got to be Total Recall. Phillip K. Dick story, Verhoven with his best effort, Michael Ironside,
3-tit woman, Kuato, “Two Weeks”. Runner up for me is Predator.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
For me it’s got to be Total Recall. Phillip K. Dick story, Verhoven with his best effort, Michael Ironside,
3-tit woman, Kuato, “Two Weeks”. Runner up for me is Predator.

To this day...if the term "two-weeks" ever comes up in conversation...it takes reserve to not going into the routine...

I'd say that Total Recall is my favorite as well...

If I'm craving an Arnold film, I'll typically reach for that, or The Running Man.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
BAH! It's summer camp horror movie with a generic villain.

If you think that the character design of the Predator was generic, there's something terribly wrong with you. Nothing about the Predator is commonplace at all.

It's a hard call. I'd say either OG Termanator or Predator. Either one really. I've been meaning to rewatch End of Days lately but haven't gotten around to it.

Last edited:

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
i started looking around to see if one of the streaming services had total recall and i totally forgot there was a remake. i watched the remake but it was so unmemorable.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I own a replica of every shirt Val wore as Chris Knight in Real Genius, and I wear them all the time.

Val Kilmer was great. Post cancer? Not so much. Be before cancer he was amazing.

Real Genius is in my top 10 movie list.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
The Villain

I used to love this movie as a kid.

shadowsfollow

New Challenger
Conan the Barbarian - the insanely good soundtrack makes it the obvious choice for me. Take away Basil Poledouris going out of his mind, and I'd have to sit down and compare Conan/T1/T2/Predator/Total Recall.
Best score ever, period.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Really hard to choose between the manliness of Predator and the destiny inflicted Terminator 2. Id like to choose both. Honestly some of my favorite movies in general regardless of ahnold.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm pretty surprised, that no one mentioned Total Recall yet.
Look up. The thread starter chose Total Recall.

I think I might have to choose Total Recall, as well. Predator is great and the first two Terminators are iconic, but I really enjoy the Verhoeven movie. It's got three tits, it's got Hank from Breaking Bad, it's got Michael Ironside SEE YOU AT THE PAHTEE, RICHTER *throws amputated arms*

It might not be the best Arnold vehicle, but I think it was one of the best movies Arnold has been in. Conan maybe being close.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
T2 is great but as a movie I can only watch it rarely, and usually only in parts (like the motorcycle chase) not the whole thing. Total Recall is something I always have time for and it never seems to lull. I love that some of the technology we see in it are commonplace today (video calls, but still no Johnnycabs).

While I had Total Recall on VHS and thus uncensored, I only grew up on censored-for-TV Predator. Man, did I miss out for a long time.

Kindergarten Cop was hella gay

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I would say predator is my choice but it only beat total recall by a narrow margin. Some of Arnold’s best one liners are in predator and with Carl weathers and Jessie Ventura also giving a great performance it has everything a good action movie should have.

My one criticism of the movie was the women they cast, there was nothing appealing about her looks or performance.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Kindergarten Cop or Predator. For me Arnold movies are all about the quotables. Both have a bunch.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Commando or the first Terminator. Total Recall is also great.