If you could only Pick one Ahhnold Movie, what would it be?

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I chose Total Recall because, at least to me, it has Arnold in his most hilarious in a decent story with nice world building. Only Conan comes close in the world building department for me in terms of his movies. Sure, T2 had the amazing futuristic sci fi angle, but we weren't really in it, so to speak. Total Recall, as dated as it is, really has you 'in there', especially when he gets to Maaahhrs. I love Predator but I don't think I can watch it as repeatedly as TR. Commando is full of good action and hilarious one liners thanks to Steven DeSouza's script...and I was very close to picking that as my movie, but I find "Jeehh-nnyy" slows the movie down at times.

The Running Man's all good for me....until the ending AFTER he kills the game show host (which was awesome). That kiss felt forced and killed it for me.

Oh, and another reason for Total Recall? Sharon Stone:
24f4af351cc320b8899004b65280668a.jpg
ss total recall.jpg

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
We're just gonna ignore his best Christmas movie, Jingle All the Way?

In serious seriousness, I'd go for either T2 or Predator for me. I'm sure he's done better movies, but those have a lot of nostalgic value for me.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

In serious seriousness, I'd go for either T2 or Predator for me. I'm sure he's done better movies, but those have a lot of nostalgic value for me.

I have to agree that Predator really is a film filled with nostalgia from my end as well. It's like if Konami's Contra was a movie, but with one badass alien as the bad guy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
We're just gonna ignore his best Christmas movie, Jingle All the Way

I can't watch it anymore after Jake Lloyd is crying that Arnie missed his gay karate recital because Arnie was too busy working and making big $$$ to pay for their mansion and his completely unbelievable cool kid's room.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I have to agree that Predator really is a film filled with nostalgia from my end as well. It's like if Konami's Contra was a movie, but with one badass alien as the bad guy.

Same here...but I just don't find myself craving it.

I used to think that I favored the SNES over the NES until one day it dawned on me that when I randomly go to play an old game, nearly every time I'll look on the NES vs the SNES.

I love Predator...but owning it, T1, T2, Total Recall, and The Running Man on DVD...Total Recall and the Running Man are the only two I "upgraded" to Blu Ray and the ones I'll watch.

I really like True Lies as well but again, I don't ever think of re-watching it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Commando is a great, hysterical good time.

That blu ray is the best 6 bucks I ever spent on a laugh.

Little did you know that it planted the seed in your mind to go full John Matrix and live in a house in the woods by yourself while carrying logs on your shoulder.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is tough but if I only have to pick one I’d say Terminator 2.

That said the film is more than an “Arnold” movie in my mind. It’s an action-adventure epic. It’s the best terminator terminator movie*. It’s great on so many levels.

Pick one Ahnuld movie though? Probably Predator.

Arnold really is in some great shit though. Running Man and Total Recall (amongst others) are delightfully subversive with some thought provoking elements in a way that many modern action films are lacking.

Arnold will always be the king of Action-Comedy.

*we can argue this elsewhere.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Little did you know that it planted the seed in your mind to go full John Matrix and live in a house in the woods by yourself while carrying logs on your shoulder.

Conan the Barbarian is why he decided that, I’m sure.

Conan lives in a world where “modern” society is immoral and incompatible with man’s true, free nature. Sorcery is unnatural my young sage.

We must retreat to the wilds.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Buh gawd I still haven't read a Conan book. But I did have a kickass Conan Marvel comic that I really enjoyed. Conan the Rogue, it was

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Conan the Barbarian is why he decided that, I’m sure.

Conan lives in a world where “modern” society is immoral and incompatible with man’s true, free nature. Sorcery is unnatural my young sage.

We must retreat to the wilds.

seems a bit too prescient when you put it that way. Our own reality in one that has become less private, less secure, and less free.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Conan, hands down.

Buh gawd I still haven't read a Conan book. But I did have a kickass Conan Marvel comic that I really enjoyed. Conan the Rogue, it was

Forget the books, start with the original Howard short stories.

Last edited:

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

I still kinda watch Jingle all the way in a semi annual basis. Its the worst movie ever but hold some nostalgia. Favorite movie? Predator for sure.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I want to change my vote to

Last Action Hero

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Total Recall...er...Running Man...uh..
Predator