If you don't have enough reasons to hate sealed graded games.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This is the opposite situation to the cliche "don't hate the player; hate the game." These assholes necessitate "don't hate the game; hate the non-player."

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Crazy collectors are fine. A little wierd sure, but hey it's their choice. Some enthusiast 'authority' grading mass produced products - hilarious and a waste of time. An inconsistent 'authority' doing it for money ... that's sailing pretty close to fraudulent... The only way these services would be worth anything is if they were recognised by insurance companies or something similar.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
Crazy collectors are fine. A little wierd sure, but hey it's their choice. Some enthusiast 'authority' grading mass produced products - hilarious and a waste of time. An inconsistent 'authority' doing it for money ... that's sailing pretty close to fraudulent... The only way these services would be worth anything is if they were recognised by insurance companies or something similar.

it does seem weird how the gaming community has more self proclaimed experts in it then actual experts. I feel like its the fans that let the "experts" come to life just bc they read a wiki page or have a youtube channel or charge a few for something that doesn't make since

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
it does seem weird how the gaming community has more self proclaimed experts in it then actual experts. I feel like its the fans that let the "experts" come to life just bc they read a wiki page or have a youtube channel or charge a few for something that doesn't make since

I blame YouTube.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Well you know what that means? Quietly go buy up the games for that system, then make it 3 consoles that don't have videos. Join the club, get rich off the suckerfish in the big pond. :)

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
Well you know what that means? Quietly go buy up the games for that system, then make it 3 consoles that don't have videos. Join the club, get rich off the suckerfish in the big pond. :)

I wish I could, I feel weird when I trade things in for more then what I paid for them. Just seems off to me.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I was being sarcastic, and it does feel kind of odd sometimes depending how wide the gap is at least. A little over a year ago I ditched 10 NES/SNES games, and used them to buy a home use only Pin-Bot pinball machine. 2 NES games got $600 alone another $350 off one SNES cart all loose. That was very weird feeling going from a static dust shelf ornament I didn't rarely if ever use to get a big original pinball machine with all the lights, sounds, and randomness of it. It still feels off trading up some easily dumped and emulated ROMs for that kind of money because basically you're paying for the quality of a sticker and a couple hunks of plastic plus the board the game sits on, that's it. There's really no true value there at all. Try as they might Pinball Arcade (or others) will never 100% nail down real ball physics or the feel of a real table, ever.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
I was being sarcastic, and it does feel kind of odd sometimes depending how wide the gap is at least. A little over a year ago I ditched 10 NES/SNES games, and used them to buy a home use only Pin-Bot pinball machine. 2 NES games got $600 alone another $350 off one SNES cart all loose. That was very weird feeling going from a static dust shelf ornament I didn't rarely if ever use to get a big original pinball machine with all the lights, sounds, and randomness of it. It still feels off trading up some easily dumped and emulated ROMs for that kind of money because basically you're paying for the quality of a sticker and a couple hunks of plastic plus the board the game sits on, that's it. There's really no true value there at all. Try as they might Pinball Arcade (or others) will never 100% nail down real ball physics or the feel of a real table, ever.

I thought you were being sarcastic, just wasn't 100 percent. lol. My boss has a pinball machine that has a PC in it your right it doesnt feel right at all, something about the screen and the forced depth feels wrong.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Oh I know what you're talking about, seen those the last 3 years at the Louisville Arcade Expo, not a fan at all since it's not quite right, and seems almost terrible wasting a full cabinet worth of space on it. https://virtualpinball.com/

They're nice, at least generic enough you could throw any Pinball Arcade, Pinball FX, etc table on it, but it never feels 100% right. Coded ball physics and random bugs with that or the flippers never make for the same experience. A good substitute on the go sure, but otherwise no.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Some enthusiast 'authority' grading mass produced products - hilarious and a waste of time. An inconsistent 'authority' doing it for money ... that's sailing pretty close to fraudulent...

Those exists, because the average "collector" refuses to do his own research, because he doesn't believe gaining knowledge on video games is worth his time, because he hates to play video games to begin with but loves authorities, for liberating him from the most annoying and tiresome part of this hobby... having an own opinion.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
for liberating him from the most annoying and tiresome part of this hobby...

Isn't this whole grading thing about liberating him completely from his hobby by making sure he never touches his games again after sealing them in some stupid box? This has nothing to do with the hobby anymore, it's the plain opposite. And the video from the OP shows that the so called 'authorities' act arbitrary and just want your money for slapping a sticker on a box.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That's pretty much it, if you can't form a clear thought of your own because you have a pea in your skull and refuse to educate yourself, there's the easy sucker mill at VGA with the inconsistent grading and non-standards to allow you do never worry about that game again sealing it inside a non-environment tight box with a number and a shiny sticker on it with some paperwork so you don't get any brain cramps.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Isn't this whole grading thing about liberating him completely from his hobby by making sure he never touches his games again after sealing them in some stupid box?

Hahaha... this is exactly the drop of anarchy the VGA Country Club thirsts for.