IGS PGM DoDonpachi question

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
If anyone has this, can you tell me if the game is a vert game, or is it like a Neo shooter where it's still horizontal?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
what is this google

Thanks for the info JERKFACE lol. I wanna buy an IGS PGM, and just wanted to look at a game that isn't mahjong or whatever, and I know I cant afford Martial Masters. Ah well, the soitch continues.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I thought about getting into PGM but f**k it, I'm gonna wait for it to be done on Mister

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I thought about getting into PGM but f**k it, I'm gonna wait for it to be done on Mister
Yeah Jotego is going to be working on it. But Ive always wanted a PGM because it's so much like the Neo and it'd be plug/play into my Neo cab. But as far as I know Jotego hasn't begun on it, he's just planning. Im not sure how long things like that take, so in the interim, I wanna check it out.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Yeah Jotego is going to be working on it. But Ive always wanted a PGM because it's so much like the Neo and it'd be plug/play into my Neo cab. But as far as I know Jotego hasn't begun on it, he's just planning. Im not sure how long things like that take, so in the interim, I wanna check it out.
sheep_nova can hook you up for all yours PGM needs for a good price

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
@HornheaDD I got a PGM last year specially for Espgaluda, Ketsui, and Dodonpachi DOJ. Even though there aren't official carts, these games run on PGM hardware so there are cheap conversions you can buy (~$130 or so) from China that are very well made. Found a reputable Ebay type person to get these from. Demon Front is still around $300 or so, but still worth it at that price, imo. Awesome riff on the Metal Slug formula with some neat twists (the hover mechanic is really cool, as well as how you use the pets). The Knights of Valor games are pretty cheap as well. I think I got my copy of Knights of Valor Super Heroes Plus for $60 or so. Great beat-em-up with tons of characters and moves sets. I don't plan on getting any other PGM games, but it's a cheap way to play the hyper rare Cave shooters on hardware/in a cab without paying over $1500 for each.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
@HornheaDD I got a PGM last year specially for Espgaluda, Ketsui, and Dodonpachi DOJ. Even though there aren't official carts, these games run on PGM hardware so there are cheap conversions you can buy (~$130 or so) from China that are very well made. Found a reputable Ebay type person to get these from. Demon Front is still around $300 or so, but still worth it at that price, imo. Awesome riff on the Metal Slug formula with some neat twists (the hover mechanic is really cool, as well as how you use the pets). The Knights of Valor games are pretty cheap as well. I think I got my copy of Knights of Valor Super Heroes Plus for $60 or so. Great beat-em-up with tons of characters and moves sets. I don't plan on getting any other PGM games, but it's a cheap way to play the hyper rare Cave shooters on hardware/in a cab without paying over $1500 for each.
I pop my PGM into the big red every now and then, the killing blade is a fantastic entry as well as demon front

The cave entries are definitely vertical games though, i don't plan on rotating a monitor just for those unless I plan on playing it dedicated for a while

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I pop my PGM into the big red every now and then, the killing blade is a fantastic entry as well as demon front

The cave entries are definitely vertical games though, i don't plan on rotating a monitor just for those unless I plan on playing it dedicated for a while
Interesting that the PGM can do tate games when the Neo can't. I mean I know they aren't the same thing but in a way the PGM is sort of a "clone" of it.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Dudes,
The platform is like super cheap. Most of my stuff comes from AliExpress or sheepnova on ebay. You have a lot of fun Beat'em ups. I like Oriental Legend for the freaky sprites. But if you don't wan't to rotate your monitor. Your out of luck. All the games are TATE.

If you don't want a conversion you can buy replacement mobo's on Arcade Projects...

For 80 bucks you can have a game and a mobo.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Interesting that the PGM can do tate games when the Neo can't. I mean I know they aren't the same thing but in a way the PGM is sort of a "clone" of it.
The Neo can do tate , you just have to turn your monitor. I believe one of the NGDev games is tate

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Dudes,
The platform is like super cheap. Most of my stuff comes from AliExpress or sheepnova on ebay. You have a lot of fun Beat'em ups. I like Oriental Legend for the freaky sprites. But if you don't wan't to rotate your monitor. Your out of luck. All the games are TATE.

If you don't want a conversion you can buy replacement mobo's on Arcade Projects...

For 80 bucks you can have a game and a mobo.
Yeah honestly Im more interested in beat-em-ups and fighters like Killing Blade/MM, but I do like some shmups.

I shot Sheep a msg.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I understand not wanting to rotate your monitor if you don't play a lot of vert games but playing something like a Cave game verizontal or squished to fit on a hori screen is retarded.

The PGM is okay I own one with the Cave boots and have had all of the better games at one time over the years.

They're okay but not great imo. It's essentially a Chinese Neo and it feels like it, everything just feels a bit off. They're also really long and tend to get quite tedious. Demon Front and the KOV games are like 3 times longer than their Japanese equivalents.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Wrong forum.

Both Bee Storm and DOJ are tate.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I understand not wanting to rotate your monitor if you don't play a lot of vert games but playing something like a Cave game verizontal or squished to fit on a hori screen is retarded.

The PGM is okay I own one with the Cave boots and have had all of the better games at one time over the years.

They're okay but not great imo. It's essentially a Chinese Neo and it feels like it, everything just feels a bit off. They're also really long and tend to get quite tedious. Demon Front and the KOV games are like 3 times longer than their Japanese equivalents.
I ended up dropping some money on knights of valor and a Mobo from sheep. Prob be a month before it arrives tho.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Now I'll need to put the CP back on my Neo. I took it out so I could take some measurements for Alberto, but I havent heard from him in quite a while. So Im not sure where that stands.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Now I'll need to put the CP back on my Neo. I took it out so I could take some measurements for Alberto, but I havent heard from him in quite a while. So Im not sure where that stands.
I know he just shipped out a few CPs (including mine) last week but hasn't been too good with PMs on arcade-projects

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I know he just shipped out a few CPs (including mine) last week but hasn't been too good with PMs on arcade-projects
Im definitely not being impatient. The dude hasn't even taken my money yet, and Ive offered payment several times. But it has been 6 months since I sent him the initial request lol. Hes been in contact loads since then. But the last message I got from him said that the panel he made wasn't the right size and he'd contact me in a week.

That was a month ago. Again, not impatient. Im not out any money or anything and I know people have lives.