IGS PGM question(s)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I'll freely admit I'm not 100% fluent in PGM information, but enough to know I like the system and there are some good games for it.

My question is twofold. One, did the PGM actually get a US release (it would appear so). And B. Are the PGM boards like the Neo were the BIOS determines the language displayed?

I've got an overseas board (I wanna say Chinese but I could be and probably am mistaken) so my Knights of Valor plays in non-english. But I got Martial Masters recently, and the boot up says "for use in the USA" and it plays 100% in english.

Were these common? At least common for the PGM's numbers, anyway.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Interesting, thanks for the info!

There's a dude on twitter somewhere working on sort of a PGM version of the UniBIOS, but I think it's aimed more at debugging and programming than actual cheats/customization like Raz's work.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Once upon a time I wrote a book on the PGM. Well like a guide that I was going to put into book format.

I got all the core writing done but none of the editing. I ultimately fell out of favor with the project. (A) I realized no one would actually buy it, so I was just creating a bill for myself and (B) there is so much of the info I uncovered that wasn't verifiable, it was all things people heard or surmised, and (C) I couldn't even determine with any accuracy which spinoff / variants were legit sanctioned by IGS and which were just done in shop by various arcade ops.

Great library, fun system, and some real hidden gems.