iircade kickstarter

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I wonder how much the celebs were paid to stand there and act like they give a shit.

It couldn't have been much which makes me wonder how little money it takes for celebrities and athletes to do stuff like this. I can't beleive Barry Sanders is one of them.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Most likely these people were just enjoying games that they haven't seen since they were kids.

I will never understand the point of reinventing the look of arcade machines for the home. Seems there are so many making new custom cabs these days. Just get a real machine or play on the TV. Well, to each their own I suppose.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Most likely these people were just enjoying games that they haven't seen since they were kids.

I will never understand reinventing the look of arcade machines for the home. Just get a real machine or play on the TV. Well, to each their own I suppose.

That is kind of my deal with it as well. So many of the machines had something to them that you really can't recreate on a generic universal type cabinet. I like the idea of having real machines, but it's the pain in the rear of their size and moving them about and such, upkeep.. that sort of thing that make those mame machines look attractive.

I've thought about going the TV route and just setting up different controls to play different games though. Most of the restored cabs aren't using crt's anymore I've noticed, so maybe just setting up a mame box for a big screen old school trinitron and a few different controllers would give a pretty good experience.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

I will never understand the point of reinventing the look of arcade machines for the home. Seems there are so many making new custom cabs these days. Just get a real machine or play on the TV. Well, to each their own I suppose.
I think if it looked good it would be one thing, but this is a genuinely ugly product. It looks more Chinese than the Arcade 1UP mini cabs. I’ve seen better home builds, so this is just lazy and poor quality design.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I wonder how much the celebs were paid to stand there and act like they give a shit.

I mean this looks like it was probably set up in the green rooms for these events they named (golden globes, etc). There were probably reps standing there and when actors etc went to play it to kill time the reps just asked “what did you think?” “Uh it was pretty cool. I loved these games as a kid” “can we use that?” “Sure I guess”

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I mean this looks like it was probably set up in the green rooms for these events they named (golden globes, etc). There were probably reps standing there and when actors etc went to play it to kill time the reps just asked “what did you think?” “Uh it was pretty cool. I loved these games as a kid” “can we use that?” “Sure I guess”

:lolz: 100%