I'm sorry, I went to mars for second. but I'm back now (and I got T-shirts for everybody!)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What a horror show...

TBH... most of us are at the stage in our lives where Life tends to take more that it gives....

Glad you're back Lemony... keep a stiff upper lip and all...

xROTx

PS. One day... I want to read a story about how life has given you something cool.... like a new sense of perspective.... some sorta karma experience....

It's been a depressing few days in terms of the forum... but as with all things... That's life...

What's getting you down, Rot?

Why the moody blues?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Sounds pretty rough; I'm sorry about all of the troubles that you've been experiencing (life sure likes to pile it on all at once, don't it?), but it's good to read that you feel like things are moving in a more positive direction again now, and I hope that continues to be the case for you.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
good to see you back Lem...unless this is madman's other account...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
That’s pretty heavy Lem. If it happened to me I would go bare back through a Thailand. Probably.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Welcome back, Lem. After all that drama, this site will seem like a vacation ;)

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
this guy's life is in shambles and a 'welcome back bro' is worth as much as someone you don't care about typing 'hbd' in your birthday thread

this is kind of a big deal and i dunno what to do

My life isn't in shambles.. honestly, it could be bibliophile levels of worse. I own my own home, I have a fantastic job, I have access to my kids.. Despite the bullshit I've been through, I'm doing pretty well.

No worries, I'm sure he has a couple of other wives.

you know, people joke about polygamy.. but in Utah, the fringe FLDS groups still practice it, and if it can be proven, you can get charged with a 2nd degree felony for it (bigamy). How do I know that? Let's just say my ex didn't make sure her 2nd husband was divorced before they got hitched. (the guy is currently awaiting trial for bigamy)

Dammmmmmmn boy. Hope your magical underwear was fresh to protect you from all the shit eagles.

My faith definitely helped me through this, for sure.

As bad as that sounds, still better than Bibliophile's field trip

yep. 100%

Do you get to keep your arcade cabs after the divorce?

The contents of the gameroom were literally the only things she left behind when she moved out. I was in a 3200 square foot house with nothing in it.

What was the reason she left you?

to this day, I've never gotten a straight answer from her. during the legal shit she said it was because she had gotten to the point where she would rather die than be with me. I personally don't think that's why. Toward the end of the marriage she was actively looking for things to yell at me over. there was one day that I had BlackIce come over to give him a console that I had RGB modded for him while my ex was out of the house and she SHAT BRICKS.

looking back on things, I realized that it was highly likely that she had slept with a friend of her brother's few years back and never told me. I think that, combined with a trip to her parents house for thanksgiving made her realize a few things and she was pretty much done living a lie she fabricated.

of course, this is all speculation. Since she left, she's proceeded to do and say things that are not only spiteful, but damaging to our kids. the best thing I can do is to be a good example of a well adjusted adult to them and hope that they'll turn out ok.

What a horror show...

TBH... most of us are at the stage in our lives where Life tends to take more that it gives....

Glad you're back Lemony... keep a stiff upper lip and all...

xROTx

PS. One day... I want to read a story about how life has given you something cool.... like a new sense of perspective.... some sorta karma experience....

It's been a depressing few days in terms of the forum... but as with all things... That's life...

Thanks rot :) This whole experience has made me realize a few things:

*The legal system isn't about rehabilitation, it's about money (so far I'm about $15K deep in lawyer fees and fines)
*people will go to any length to leverage social movements and lie to make someone they really hate look bad despite the fact that they're the ones who have royally screwed their life up.
*No matter how bad things have gotten, they could always be much, MUCH worse.

bur seriously, the one big thing I've learned from this is:

*Despite all the crap that is happening, If you're truly a good man, you have nothing to prove to anyone. The way you live and act will be proof enough.

This is something that I don't think I would have learned without the last two years of bullshit. I hope I've come out of it a better version of who I once was.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
My life isn't in shambles.. honestly, it could be bibliophile levels of worse. I own my own home, I have a fantastic job, I have access to my kids.. Despite the bullshit I've been through, I'm doing pretty well.

you know, people joke about polygamy.. but in Utah, the fringe FLDS groups still practice it, and if it can be proven, you can get charged with a 2nd degree felony for it (bigamy). How do I know that? Let's just say my ex didn't make sure her 2nd husband was divorced before they got hitched. (the guy is currently awaiting trial for bigamy)

My faith definitely helped me through this, for sure.

yep. 100%

The contents of the gameroom were literally the only things she left behind when she moved out. I was in a 3200 square foot house with nothing in it.

to this day, I've never gotten a straight answer from her. during the legal shit she said it was because she had gotten to the point where she would rather die than be with me. I personally don't think that's why. Toward the end of the marriage she was actively looking for things to yell at me over. there was one day that I had BlackIce come over to give him a console that I had RGB modded for him while my ex was out of the house and she SHAT BRICKS.

looking back on things, I realized that it was highly likely that she had slept with a friend of her brother's few years back and never told me. I think that, combined with a trip to her parents house for thanksgiving made her realize a few things and she was pretty much done living a lie she fabricated.

of course, this is all speculation. Since she left, she's proceeded to do and say things that are not only spiteful, but damaging to our kids. the best thing I can do is to be a good example of a well adjusted adult to them and hope that they'll turn out ok.

Thanks rot :) This whole experience has made me realize a few things:

*The legal system isn't about rehabilitation, it's about money (so far I'm about $15K deep in lawyer fees and fines)
*people will go to any length to leverage social movements and lie to make someone they really hate look bad despite the fact that they're the ones who have royally screwed their life up.
*No matter how bad things have gotten, they could always be much, MUCH worse.

*Despite all the crap that is happening, If you're truly a good man, you have nothing to prove to anyone. The way you live and act will be proof enough.

This is something that I don't think I would have learned without the last two years of bullshit. I hope I've come out of it a better version of who I once was.
Damn that's rough...Same thing happen to my bro, his wife left him Christmas Eve. Saying she no longer loves him but turns out she cheated on him w/ one of her nursing classmate. He didn't mind splitting everything down the middle but she still wanted to lawyer up and try to get everything. They ended up sharing custody 50/50 with their son. Surprisingly no alimony but they both got stuck w/ huge lawyer fees. So just a fucking waste that stupid bitch.

After the divorce she told her sad twisted story that it was my bro's fault and of course majority of the family friends sided with her. My bro got all depress for like 2 years. Family friends finally find out she was the crazy bitch but was never the same after that.

She would constantly continued to be vile towards him even when they were separated. Calling him names and all that stuff in front of their child. She eventually found someone else got married and somewhat calm down a bit but she still gives him shit to this day. Always trying to manipulate or steal extra time/holidays with the kid.

My bro finally moved on too and got re-married 5years later. New wife doesn't seem crazy and they got two kids. I dont think he is the same anymore. He is a lot more harden now. Doesn't take shit from anyone and not willing to help people out as much.

Was she a Mormon too? How as the fallout w/ congregation?

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

Welcome back.

Once you realize you are a good man/father/person you dont have to prove anything to anyone.
Just keep your head up, and make sure you teach your kids to be good people too.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Was she a Mormon too? How as the fallout w/ congregation?

Lots of religious talk under the spoiler. Feel free to read if you’re so inclined. Otherwise, don’t.
Spoiler:

Yes, although toward the end of our marriage I was the driving force behind getting her fat ass out of bed and getting the kids ready for church so she could focus on prepping herself for services. And this is while i was working graveyard shift, and with meetings beginning bright and early at 9 AM, I was lucky if I got a few hours of sleep the entire day.

After we separated she immediately stopped going for a long LONG time, and only recently started attending service. The last 9 months have been especially difficult for everyone involved, spiritually. ESPECIALLY The kids. When they’re with me they never miss a week of church, not just I believe it’s true, but also because I know and understand that regular church attendance is important. I had said previously that my faith kept me afloat through the whole mess, and that’s no lie.

As for the affect in the congregation.. members of the LDS Church marry for eternity, so anyone going through a civil divorce is obviously going to be the odd man out. Before I moved out of the marital home, my ward (congregation) fell all over themselves to help her out with moving, but once she was gone, they didn’t do anything to reach out to me which was odd, because I was attending weekly services and interacting with other members there. I moved out in March (about three months after she left) and the bishop had the nerve to act offended that I didn’t ask for help with moving.. honestly if he had been doing his job, if the members of the ward who know what I was going through had done what they should have done, I shouldn’t have had to tell anyone I needed help. He got an earful, and he deserved it.

There are quite a few divorcès in my current ward, and things are pretty good. I have a great relationship with the people in it, and my bishop is a really great guy. Although the church on a whole doesn’t know what to do with us (divorcès), and other LDS singles that I’ve talked with feel the same way. Culturally, we’re not the norm, but I’ve never been one to allow culture to interfere with the things that I believe are true and know are important.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why is marriage an ordinance? It should be limited to baptism and Eucharist.

Lemony Vengeance

You can marry civilly if you would like, but if that “death do you part” bit (which I now realize is one hell of an escape clause) isn't what you want, you need higher authority to “bind on earth, as well as in heaven”. It’s part of the reason why we (Mormons) have temples.

We baptize and do weekly sacrament (Catholics would call it communion) in our chapels.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Sorry that all of that happened to you, but you're definitely better off single than tangled up in a bad marriage. Sounds like you're in a better place now that you're free and clear of it all. Best wishes for better things going forward.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear you were living in agony but glad to hear you're over some of it. Can I assume at least you don't have to pay alimony.

Lemony Vengeance

Can I assume at least you don't have to pay alimony.

not anymore, not since she got married. And even though her marriage was annulled, she can't get it back. She tried. and was promptly slapped down by her own lawyer.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm just here for the free T shirts.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Damn, good you got that mess out the way. Good to see you back, man!

Like I said, there's a LOT more to it. If you follow me on instagram or facebook you've gotten a little taste of what I've been doing in the background.

I need more Pac-man suit and mask pics.

Lemony Vengeance

I'm just here for the free T shirts.

this shirt screams 'You'

11283380_427122480791865_1584185696_n.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You can marry civilly if you would like, but if that “death do you part” bit (which I now realize is one hell of an escape clause) isn't what you want, you need higher authority to “bind on earth, as well as in heaven”. It’s part of the reason why we (Mormons) have temples.

We baptize and do weekly sacrament (Catholics would call it communion) in our chapels.

I don’t mind being married. What I mind is when people think that marriage makes them more graced than a divorcé or single adult. It’s dumb. Being happily married just means you’re lucky.

Lemony Vengeance

I don’t mind being married. What I mind is when people think that marriage makes them more graced than a divorcé or single adult. It’s dumb. Being happily married just means you’re lucky.

I agree with you there 100%. And honestly it's a cultural issue in Utah that I'd love to see corrected.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Glad to see you back Lem and glad you got through it all. Sounds like it was a tough time. Hoping for better things for you in the coming year.