I'm Still Alive. (Also, Work News)

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm hanging in there. I haven't been around much due to mi familia's suckass internet. I hope they get a better plan soon because I miss torrenting everything. Other than that, I've settled into Houston and got a job with the state's giant liquor chain. I don't work past 9:30pm and I'm guaranteed Sundays off.

I've been working there for a little less than 3 months, and they want me to be in charge of the water section. This means I'll be responsible for ordering and organizing the bottled water, soda, juices, and quite possibly the frozen foods we carry. It sounds pretty mundane but this place sells all kinds of stuff like Jones, Dublin DP, Virgil's, etc. So while it's not the beer section like I wanted, it's definitely a good start.

So yeah... wow. :D

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Dom is the only female member I'd invite to the UK....

Glad you're back Dom love... glad the move worked out A-OK!

xROTx

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
largest liquor chain in texas huh? is it specs? or are they just in austin?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Glad to hear the good news domino!

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Oh I, oh, hey, I, I, oh, hey I, oh, hey...oh...
Take Care!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Whoever does the candy section is doing a great job. I might go crazy next time I visit (the Specs is walking distance from Planet Zero).

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Good to hear everything is working out.

You should speak with upper management about Rot being the company's spokesman. Half a bottle in him and he's good to go.

rarehero

20 Year Member
Transfer to austin.
I need an alcohol connection.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
What do you guys charge a bottle?

I want to say it's just under $2 a bottle, but I'm probably way off.

Also, one of my managers suggested me for a receiving position. The receiving guy is moving to the sales floor and now I'm in the running to take over. I'd pretty much be responsible for the entire store's stock. No pressure, right?

:help:

rarehero

20 Year Member
I want to say it's just under $2 a bottle, but I'm probably way off.

Also, one of my managers suggested me for a receiving position. The receiving guy is moving to the sales floor and now I'm in the running to take over. I'd pretty much be responsible for the entire store's stock. No pressure, right?

:help:

If they put you in that position
One, they want you for a reason, don't doubt yourself.
put the same confidence they have in you as you do in yourself.
Two, they'll give you guidance for something like that.
If not, look at sales trends, know the busy events like the superbowl,
New years, etc and plan accordingly.

Last edited:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
If they put you in that position
One, they want you for a reason, don't doubt yourself.
put the same confidence they have in you as you do in yourself.
Two, they'll give you guidance for something like that.
If not, look at sales trends, know the busy events like the superbowl,
New years, etc and plan accordingly.

It's still pretty overwhelming, but I'll give them my best if I'm chosen for the position. It'll be new territory for me, and I do like me a challenge.

If not, I'm still happy with the new responsibilities with the water, etc. :D

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
It's still pretty overwhelming, but I'll give them my best if I'm chosen for the position. It'll be new territory for me, and I do like me a challenge.

If not, I'm still happy with the new responsibilities with the water, etc. :D

You need to get a place soon. If I can't find work out in LV, I'll have to head out that way and see if I can get hired on out there. Stock shit like a boss.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
You need to get a place soon. If I can't find work out in LV, I'll have to head out that way and see if I can get hired on out there. Stock shit like a boss.

I'll be at my dad's place for a while, or at least until I can get my debt paid off. If the receiving position pans out, I'll (hopefully) get a big enough raise for me to get a car and out on my own. There's also school in my future, though there's a good chance Spec's will pay for a good chunk of that.

My store isn't hiring at the moment, but there are enough stores in Houston that always need new people.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star

If you can't find a job at LA or Las Vegas, Houston probably won't pan anything out. At least you have family in California.