I'm thinking of closing up shop

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
How about a market rule that would simply eliminate all "commercial" mass produced product sellers? We all know these entities are just here for a cash grab, and have no interest in the community.

I keep reading this "mass produced" cmvs', which is laughable. They sell maybe 100 units each per year if lucky. In comparison, xbox and ps sells in the millions. Lets just stop all the "mass produced" non sense

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I keep reading this "mass produced" cmvs', which is laughable. They sell maybe 100 units each per year if lucky. In comparison, xbox and ps sells in the millions. Lets just stop all the "mass produced" non sense

I'm pretty sure that if you (like most Americans) actually understood the constructions of conversational English, you would realize that using the phrase "mass produced" in the context of this conversation is completely adequate. By definition, mass produced does not indicate any specific number of any item, and rather that the item is produced in a larger scale than which is the mean.

Ignorance is not a product of society, but the result of the strive for mediocrity by those who possess it.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
And I think that it's astounding that those that aren't active in the community that sell to it not only are being defended in here, but have the incredible NERVE to wish James well. Either they have no clue they're the reason why this topic is being discussed, or have no shame.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
And I think that it's astounding that those that aren't active in the community that sell to it not only are being defended in here, but have the incredible NERVE to wish James well. Either they have no clue they're the reason why this topic is being discussed, or have no shame.

Don't shit where you eat? I can understand that, this place can turn on you FAST.

Last edited:

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
The first three suggestions you have there are already rules.

Rules are enforced typically only for the most egregious violations.

A dedicated new market mod (or a couple of them) could (potentially) really help this.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
vulture-cartoon_250.jpg

$450 super gun garbage aside, at least his sales thread is in off-site commerce.

© Loquax Ex-Lax

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
I never bought anything off of you but having read through the forums, you always seemed to be the go to guy. Your expertise and character was always brought up with the highest amount of respect. And just from reading around the forums your technical prowess is top notch. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. We're talking about video games which are supposed to be fun and If it's not fun anymore for you then it's probably time to stop.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Dude. Your work is appreciated. I have used many of your tutorials and tech threads. So here is my thank you for everything you have done for the scene. Your work is appreciated even if it's not voiced.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure that if you (like most Americans) actually understood the constructions of conversational English, you would realize that using the phrase "mass produced" in the context of this conversation is completely adequate. By definition, mass produced does not indicate any specific number of any item, and rather that the item is produced in a larger scale than which is the mean.

Ignorance is not a product of society, but the result of the strive for mediocrity by those who possess it.

Looks like you still live in a box, go out and see the world.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Pretty sure Christoph doesn't touch any of the material. All I ever hear is the proverbial "We". James is 1000x more important to this place than 90% of the members. But lets defend someone who sells PCBs that he touches for 2x going rate and doesn't disclose repairs on boards.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Pretty sure Christoph doesn't touch any of the material. All I ever hear is the proverbial "We". James is 1000x more important to this place than 90% of the members. But lets defend someone who sells PCBs that he touches for 2x going rate and doesn't disclose repairs on boards.

Easily 98th+ percentile of members. Only people I would consider "more important" to the "scene" are Razoola or TurfMasta.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

You really need to look up the definition of mass production. Nothing Neo has been mass produced for over 10 years.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
You really need to look up the definition of mass production. Nothing Neo has been mass produced for over 10 years.

Again you need to observe the context in which the phrase is being used. When used in a fashion relative to a niche community/market, it is adequate and reasonable.

Don't hate cause y'all fuckers caint anglish good.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

In comparison to how many that were produced each year prior to that by the community itself was less than 20 a year, not a seller. If you think they only sell 100 a year, you have no idea how much product they're moving.

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
If you think they only sell 100 a year, you have no idea how much product they're moving.

Wow, I would have never guessed that. I assumed by now anyone who wanted a supergun already had something. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing you would upgrade or buy additional units if you already had one. So the key here is to be able to support a business that puts out at least 2 of these a week to keep up with demand?

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Wow, I would have never guessed that. I assumed by now anyone who wanted a supergun already had something. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing you would upgrade or buy additional units if you already had one. So the key here is to be able to support a business that puts out at least 2 of these a week to keep up with demand?

I don't understand what idea you're trying to convey. I've always wanted a supergun. I don't have one yet. I can't address the rest of the comment because it doesn't make sense.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
If there was a 'like' button instead of having to reply on this, if click it.

Dude, you don't know what you are talking about. Recent Neo products are batch produced, not mass produced. Mass production is a continuous high volume process. Batch production is a better way to characterize recent Neo-related efforts. Just look at an NGDev team game. These are produced in a batch process.

Even if Analogue is selling more than 100 CMVSs a year, they are not mass produced. They are a mess of hand wired glue gun rats nest wiring produced in several batches per year.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Dude, you don't know what you are talking about. Recent Neo products are batch produced, not mass produced. Mass production is a continuous high volume process. Batch production is a better way to characterize recent Neo-related efforts. Just look at an NGDev team game. These are produced in a batch process.

Even if Analogue is selling more than 100 CMVSs a year, they are not mass produced. They are a mess of hand wired glue gun rats nest wiring produced in several batches per year.

You are absolutely right in touting that the most important issue here is semantics. It's definitely not the fact that James is going to walk because of people who care NOTHING about this community or out passion and are just providing product to make a buck.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You are an idiot.

He's been here a month and has only 188 posts, but he's already a better member than you are. Why the fuck are you arguing over the definition of the term "mass produced"? Is that really the point of this thread? The point of using the term is that a dickwad like christoph is cranking out as many CMVSes as his undocumented workforce can make, all after learning how to make them by leaching the information off of the community, while adding nothing back into it. And this type of bullshit is what is making James feel like throwing in the towel. But fuck all of that, because some rando on the internet is using a term in a manner that you don't care for.

Does your wife sit around the house waiting for some attention while you worry more about sucking up and endearing yourself to as many people as you can around here, while at the same time having to correct stupid shit like the textbook definition of "mass-produced"?

By the way, I had to click "view post" to see your last reply to MM, since I have you on ignore now. But without reading the content, just seeing that you posted irritates the living fuck out of me. I would be willing to put up with 10 more heavymachineguns if it meant that you'd fucking disappear.

Edit: Before you edited it out (smart move), in an earlier post in this thread you said "pity parties are bullshit" to XX. So fuck you for that, too. That's actually what got you put on my ignore list in the first place, dick-pump.

Last edited: