I'm thinking of closing up shop

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
XX, my man. We go way back before JNX. You've always been great at everything you do and you have done plenty of different things, I hate to see you down 'cause you've always been one of the very best here, so many contributions, so much help, so much giving. If ending JNX will help you in the end by all means please do, I understand where you're coming from and I don't think you'd be making this thread at less you gave it plenty of consideration so I'm not here to question your judgment. I will however hope that this doesn't mean that you're living us the community all together, you still are a great member with JNX or without, that goes without question.

I hate to say it but maybe you should privatize some of this info you have so generously provided to everyone. I've had a similar problem with my repro work, now someone is printing it on lexan and going as far as to change the slight differences I made to easily identify the repro to make sure people know they are repros with subtleties that actually add to the work instead of deprive from it. Now they are selling this on ebay as NOS which is BS, they don't even know that an expert can spot the differences still as I left plenty of hard to find clues and yet kept it close as possible to the original work. I chose to made them public 'cause of the love for the hobby so I'm not blaming anyone about this but myself. Not saying you should, not at all, I'm just empathizing and I wish you the very best in whatever you decide.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi dudes,

I'm sorry to up this sad thread but I just saw this doing an information quest on the forum.
James I don't know your actual situation but from my side only gratitude for your always selfless help.
Mate, if you need anything don't hesitate to tell me.

Un abrazo

Juan

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Just saw this thread and my jaw dropped ! I felt so angry and sad in the same time.

My experience has been wonderful with James. He has always replied to my emails and has been very courteous towards me. His super-gun is bulletproof .... heck I still even keep the shipping box he send it to me in ...he took his time to stamp it with some cool logos...thus making it unique. Everything he does he does with love and effort...

Can someone please make a custom gif that we can put in our signatures in support of James online shop and work.

Also is there any chance of members who have online shops start carrying his products?... just a suggestion.

Wow thanks for bumping this I had no idea he was leaving. It seems like every thread I read he always has something very informative to say and I almost feel like he is the face of this forum. I hope you decide to stay! :(

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I've been away from the forums for a bit and I just saw this today. You helped me out a lot fixing my aes after I fucked it up, I appreciate that a lot man! I hope you decide to stay in it but I know what it's like trying to keep a small business going these days. Honestly, I can't imagine who else I would send my stuff to.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hey Guys, thanks for the love and support. I'm happy to say that I'll still be here running JNX and building CMVS units and superguns and other gadgets. Right now I am actually backlogged with builds so I'm doing fine. I've just been doing back to back to back builds since around August.

:glee:

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
James, you deserve the business, I'm my few dealings with you, you have been nothing but cordial and you are a man of your words when it comes to delivery/shipping of items. I haven't had to pleasure to own your modded systems, but I will contact you in case my Neo consoles need repair/love.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hey Guys, thanks for the love and support. I'm happy to say that I'll still be here running JNX and building CMVS units and superguns and other gadgets. Right now I am actually backlogged with builds so I'm doing fine. I've just been doing back to back to back builds since around August.

Awesome!!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member

glad to hear it dude. loving my CMVS to death. need to grab a jrok from you to mod my supergun very soon!

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member

Hell yeah!

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper

Nice James!!

Un abrazo

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
super awesome!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Guys like Xian are invaluable to me, and pretty much put me from a hobby to a potential career in repair work alone. I now do cap work and other stuff, all inspired from asking on the tech forum. Guys like him, and mitsurugi-w are INVALUABLE to this scene as far working on things goes. If not for this guy, I wouldn't own a key mvs title. I wanted that mvs for so long. Anyone who's seen a recent post in the last few years may have stumbled on my bitching of its ridiculous cost, and because of all the free tech help here and other forums, I repaired another guys machine, and got my copy for doing it. I wouldn't get discouraged cause of the shit stain situation currently. This is festering in every game scene for the retro formula lately. I like the idea of the store getting more original MVS titles, because that's mainly where I'm at lately, and I could be wrong, but I got a puzzle de pon from ya bud. Take it easy. The 'me to' hipster bullshit will cool down.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Can't believe I missed this thread for so long!
It's nice to see everything is standing on their feet again.

I loved the vulture quote a few pages back.
It really defines the 1st post of this thread.

I love making Superguns also. It's fun, it kills time and they'll hopefully turn a regular gamer
onto an arcade lover.

@James : you always helped me and everyone else when needed. You deserve more recognition than you
already have. You're an asset on this place. You are the #1 reference bar none.
If you're still looking, I found a new place to get the scarts you need for a decent price.

@Jasen hicks : man, I have nothing against you and I really love your Supergun cases. But honestly, you contribute
little to nothing here. You're just advertising your stuff. I really see you a part of responsible.
It would be cool, but you just came out of nowhere and as a long lasting member of this family, I see you more
as a part of the problem than a solution.
Again, it's nothing personal against you. Just my input.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Had one deal with XX and it went flawlessly, kudos to you, mate.

I'll be adding a CMVS to my collection soon and I know who I'll be contacting when that time comes.

Keep up the good work!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Thats great to hear. Glad things have picked up.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Now is the time to unleash those oversized inserts I autographed for you. Big money, cash money.

Nothing wrong with a little safety cushion now that your raking in the cash.

Last edited:

mr.2jz

n00b
James, that's great news you're planning on staying onboard. It's been quite a while since we talked, but when I started on the forums (Im relatively quiet, but I am making an effort to talk and contribute more) and inquired about a AES system, you helped answer a ton of questions and sold me a U.S. low serial system, with AV and BIOS mods. That was my first purchase on the forums, and everything was perfect. Check out my feedback page, you were the first to post to it. And a funny post it was too :)

The system is rock solid and gets played a lot. I couldn't be happier. I know you mentioned you're busy currently, but I'd like to ship you a MVS setup I recently picked up, and ask if you'd kindly mod it for me (CMVS). Your work is top notch, and the contributions you made over the many years are greatly appreciated.

I will PM you this weekend.

Thanks,
Mike

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Hi James, I used to deal with you a lot and I'm slowly making my way back to the forum more and more. I'm VERY glad to hear your staying on and look forward to your endless contributions to the forum. :glee:

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Nice to hear your staying on, and all the best for the coming year

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I've been liking all the pics up on Instagram. Glad you're still in it, Sifu.

bryan

Geese's Thug
Glad to hear your doing good and keeping JNX alive. You did an great repair job on my PI2 cart. Thanks again for all the work and effort you do for us.