(In Brazil) Brand new US Neo Geo AES Gold System

geo-neo

n00b
Hey guys, this is more of a informative thread, I thought some would like to know.

My name is Gustav and I found a brand new US Neo Geo AES Gold System for sale on MercadoLivre, which is the eBay in Brazil.

The system is selling for roughly $2,175 + shipping

img

img

img

There are more images on the sales page: http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-191160988-neo-geo-aes-gold-system-neo-geo-aes-snk-_JM

The seller says the system was purchased on MOVIELAND VIDEO, Chicago.

I was thinking if someone wanted this system and wanted help with the language barrier I could give a hand.

Perhaps even convince the seller of listing the system on eBay.

I should add I don´t know the seller, haven´t done any business with him and haven´t even asked permission from him to post his system here.

***Mods if I´m out of the line I´m sorry and please delete the thread.***

Hope this is of interest to anyone,
Gustav.

dedalusdedalus

Crossed Swords Squire
It's clearly in nice condition, but I'm skeptical about whether it'll move at that price...

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Front box has some issues but it's nice overall.. price is really high though, probably at about $1.500 could be sold more easily

Nice find anyway

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
What evidence is there that this is new and not just a used system, just take the sellers word for it? What is looks like is someone attempting to sell a used system as new. No way in hell I would pay anything close to the asking price. One of the controllers is obviously used, you wouldn't need to undo the controller cord just to test a game. I put money on the other controller not having a factory tied cord also. I call BS on this.

He might as well list in on ebay, it would fit in rather nicely with the rest of the overpriced and/or deceptive Neo Geo listings.

EDIT: kitkit should move this to the WTF Auction Thread.

Last edited:

geo-neo

n00b
gum_drops, yes it could very well be. I posted this cause i'm after a brand new system myself (japanese version). How can we be sure it is not a used system? I guess only buying from a trusted seller or having it inspectioned in loco...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I have no idea what is going on here, but I have numerous doubts.

Hi! Guys I'm the owner of this system

Hi! I gave up to sell it. I was fixing my house and I needed money, but now I'm fine. Well to answer questions, Yes it's brand new (I bought in Chicago last year when I was in the US visiting my friends). I turn it on only one time and since then I keep it in bubble plastic. The seller had too many stuffs in old stock sales... I remember when I plug the AV cable for the first time I could hear cracking sound coming out from the console's video output..... The earlier version of AES Gold with NAM. I post other message last week, because I'm interested in another AES Gold, specially with the DOG-TAG box. Ok, I hope I solved the mistery.... Maybe I'll find another system when I go back to US next year. See ya