Infamous: Second Son

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
Couldn't see a thread for this one so thought I'd start it. I'm hoping its the first game I get on PS4 that makes me happy I bought a PS4, lol

I never finished the first 2, mainly due to getting distracted by other games... but I really want to like this game. I thought 1 was shit at first, but after revisiting it (and it being patched), it grew on me. Still haven't fired up 2 despite having it.

Who's picking it up?

Some nice high res shots of the game

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I've got it on preorder.

I'm not hyped, as I am for FFXIV ARR, but I think Second Son will be great.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Couldn't see a thread for this one so thought I'd start it. I'm hoping its the first game I get on PS4 that makes me happy I bought a PS4, lol

I never finished the first 2, mainly due to getting distracted by other games... but I really want to like this game. I thought 1 was shit at first, but after revisiting it (and it being patched), it grew on me. Still haven't fired up 2 despite having it.

Who's picking it up?

Some nice high res shots of the game
I just couldn't get into the second one as much as the first. You can honestly skip it. Second Son looks drop dead gorgeous and truly next gen.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
I just couldn't get into the second one as much as the first. You can honestly skip it. Second Son looks drop dead gorgeous and truly next gen.

i figure theres enough info out there that i can catch up on the story if need be without finishing either lol... even IGN did a 5 minute infamous story wrap up thing... so thats better than nothing

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Never understood this series. And then you read the change log for a .01 update. Welcome to video game production in 2014. Gotta love "The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun".

Cole's Legacy Content Pack
FREE with pre-order
Explore the events immediately following Infamous 2
Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay

Infamous Paper Trail Storyline
FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.'s occupation of Seattle.
19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.

Difficulty Balance
Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
Karma progression extended to support longer playtime

Boss Fights
The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks

Pedestrians and DUPs
Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids

Technical Improvements
Graphics and performance improvements
Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
anyone here had a chance to play it yet? id be interested in your thoughts.

This was the game that made me want to pick up a quad but i cant help but feel like its a good game but not a must own.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Got the collector's edition set coming in tomorrow

Magician

20 Year Member
I hope the PS4 can download games while in standby. (???)

I began downloading Second Son this morning; I'm hoping to play it the moment I get home from work.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I played infamous one and really enjoyed it. I own Infamous two, but i never got around to playing it. Second son looks good, specially because i haven't touched my PS4 in a few months. I wonder if its a big deal if i skip over Infamous two?

Magician

20 Year Member
Alright I'm ten hours in and nearly two-thirds through the game. First impression are...it's gorgeous but terribly familiar. The story is you play Delvin, a native american whose fellow tribe members are attacked by a conduit (Augustine) that's hunting down other escaped conduits. Delvin discovers that he can absorb other conduits' powers and so he sets out after Augustine to gain her power and heal his people.

Of course, you can't fight Augustine immediately. So you spent all your time hunting down shards that enhance your powers and helping (or killing) people in order to expand your range of abilities. Everything in the game is well done. The controls, art design, voice work, facial animation, motion capture, audio design...it's all impressive. Yet...I don't feel there's much special here. I've done this all before, minus the glossy sheen and dazzling particle effects.

Good game, just not great.

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna
I found it to be a boring game. I would recommend that you avoid it at all costs and get something better like the Dynasty Warriors.

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna

The game style is boooring. Assassin creed 4 is overall a better GTA type game. What dissapointed me most was how lame Sucker Punch made civilians. No interaction whatsoever. This game is just an action game of conquering areas one by one.

By the way is that you in your avatar?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hated the first game, I felt it was a pile of trash, just walk around with no fear of death, no immediate challenge, no platforming to be had, what a waste of time. Hope the sequel is better than the first piece of crap. It was free from PSN and I erased that crap. Just looking at this genre in general t's all crap.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
unfortunately i've only been able to put about 10-15 mins into it so far... all i can say at this point is its very pretty... but graphics don't mean everything of course, if this ends up being another killzone (pretty but boring) i'm not going to be happy :(

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Having never completed either of the previous titles, though I own them both, I actually find this game to be very fun. Im enjoying just jetting around town, feeling like a total badass, and cleaning up the city as I go. I have mainly been doing all the side missions, because I am a sucker for little icons on the mini-map. Everything seems to be very well done, except the jumping/platforming feels way too loose at times.

Overall I see myself playing through this again to see it from the other side. Will this make me go back and play the other titles, likely not. Mainly because I never liked the overall design of the main character of the original titles. I liked the way he was looking in part 2 BEFORE they changed him. But I really dig Delsin Rowe's overall aesthetics and presentation.

Im personally not disappointed in my purchase.

O.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
yeah i'm pretty unimpressed... even just the movement mechanics like jumping/climbing drive me nuts... the AI is more insane than GTA V's cops... and the main character is just a dick...

*goes back to diablo 3 expansion*... or you know... anything else...

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Having never completed either of the previous titles, though I own them both, I actually find this game to be very fun. Im enjoying just jetting around town, feeling like a total badass, and cleaning up the city as I go. I have mainly been doing all the side missions, because I am a sucker for little icons on the mini-map. Everything seems to be very well done, except the jumping/platforming feels way too loose at times.

Overall I see myself playing through this again to see it from the other side. Will this make me go back and play the other titles, likely not. Mainly because I never liked the overall design of the main character of the original titles. I liked the way he was looking in part 2 BEFORE they changed him. But I really dig Delsin Rowe's overall aesthetics and presentation.

Im personally not disappointed in my purchase.

O.

I've been enjoying the neon power set, I got the digital powers earlier but I'm just simply hooked on speed running in neon red

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
The game style is boooring. Assassin creed 4 is overall a better GTA type game. What dissapointed me most was how lame Sucker Punch made civilians. No interaction whatsoever. This game is just an action game of conquering areas one by one.

By the way is that you in your avatar?

just stop posting

seriously

Hans Grösse

Banned
I played both versions on PS3 and the DLC Vampire content and the game rules. I really really liked it. I like how your choices in the game carry over to the next one. I haven't picked a next gen system yet so ill just have to wait I guess.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I've been enjoying the neon power set, I got the digital powers earlier but I'm just simply hooked on speed running in neon red

Yah I was all about the neon powers until I realized how easily I could get my ultimate attack by using the digital powers to go invisible and then subduing my attackers. I will definitely see how my loadout will be different on my next play through with bad karma.

O.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I got it today and put in about three hours. I'll be finishing it pretty fast, I think.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Got it and played up until you fight the first armored enemy in Seatle. I'm enjoying it so far. The movement controls with the smoke powers are very fluid and fun to use. Looking forward the getting some more powers.