Infamous: Second Son

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Finished my good playthrough earlier today. I really enjoyed the game. The mix of powers really catered to different styles of play. I did 100% the city on my first run, which was surpisingly easy. I will likely start my evil playthrough sometime over the weekend. I am really interested in how the powers/effects will change on the other side. Im also very interested in how the story will play out.

O.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I still haven't caught one of those secret agents.

What I do is this.

Typically the mission is given to you on a rooftop or elevated surface. So once the picture comes through, I circle the area using the rooftops, and zoom in on each person on the ground by aiming with L2. Once I find the person I am looking for (HINT: they usually are always leaning up against a wall or something similar) I fire a missle at them with R1. All it takes is one of your power shots to drop them. They never even get a chance to run away.

O.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Finished my good playthrough earlier today. I really enjoyed the game. The mix of powers really catered to different styles of play. I did 100% the city on my first run, which was surpisingly easy. I will likely start my evil playthrough sometime over the weekend. I am really interested in how the powers/effects will change on the other side. Im also very interested in how the story will play out.

O.

Finished my good playthrough earlier today, that was a good ending for that side

On the evil play through I'm gonna enjoying killing you know who before you go for the big boss
Spoiler:
snitches get stitches

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I wont lie, I almost did the evil thing anyways. What he did seriously pissed me off.

O.

I also finished the evil karma playthrough yesterday and was shocked with what Delsin does at the end, I never expected it to end that way.

Those secret agent tips you use is exactly the same tactics I use and it never fails me, using the smoke missiles work best for me as each time they try to escape for some reason they stop momentarily for a second and that's your chance to strike.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Playing the game on expert difficulty at the moment while doing the good karma story and currently finding it very easy with the Sulphur bomb upgrade as it lets you throw a grenade incapacitating enemies by making them cough thus making it easy to get up close and subdue them with pressing triangle.

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna
Spoiler:

Maybe he didn't kill his people at the end during the evil path. He just jumped up and knocked the door a bit hard to make the old grandma come out again! There are no videos about him killing off his people!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This game looks great... but goddamnit the gameplay is so boring. It's Infamous 1 and 2 all over again...more and more of the same old game design, pretty much nothing new. In fact 2009 called and they want their game back.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I'm starting to feel the repetitiveness too. I'm just going to clear as much as I can with good karma and then get back to Tittyfall.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
This game looks great... but goddamnit the gameplay is so boring. It's Infamous 1 and 2 all over again...more and more of the same old game design, pretty much nothing new. In fact 2009 called and they want their game back.

its a shame really... cause yeah it looks great :\

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
So basically im getting the vibe that I shouldnt even bother playing the previous two games? This was my first real experience with the series, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

O.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
So basically im getting the vibe that I shouldnt even bother playing the previous two games? This was my first real experience with the series, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

O.

This is why you enjoyed it. You didn't feel like you were playing the same game for the third time (well 4th time if I count that zombie DLC). Infamous 2 is better than the first one but then again, they're pretty much all the same, don't bother.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
By far one of the most easiest Platinum trophies going, expert hardly broke a sweat.

Shame there is no multiplayer as the game is way too short and I feel a little short changed.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Yeah, sadly I feel no drive to finish my first playthrough. I may get around to it after I've had my fill of FFXIV ARR...sometime in June perhaps. PSN members should thank us early adopters when Sony eventually adds Second Son as a free PSN+ game next year.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bump

wOOt! Just finished my first playthrough over the weekend, and began my second, evil/expert playthrough shortly after. My opinion of the game hasn't changed. It's pretty, with good voice work and audio. But kind of ho-hum gameplay and story. A good game that's worth your money if it's your first try at the series.