Interest check on a port

tcdev

NEST Puppet
Basically I would love to have the first two Wonder Boy games on Neo, made from scratch up to full Neo specs while retaining the original gameplay.
I'm working on Xevious atm which is near completion. Next up is Donkey Kong, which has been 50% complete for about 10 years now. But these games are tate mode and I'm looking for a horizontal game to transcode next. Slim pickings for games that (a) interest me (b) are suitable for porting and (c) are horizontal. Can't say that I've ever been a huge fan of Wonder Boy though (played it a bit the other day after reading your comment), but in the absence of anything else I might be convinced to give it a go. My other thought is Pitfall II...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm working on Xevious atm which is near completion. Next up is Donkey Kong, which has been 50% complete for about 10 years now. But these games are tate mode and I'm looking for a horizontal game to transcode next. Slim pickings for games that (a) interest me (b) are suitable for porting and (c) are horizontal. Can't say that I've ever been a huge fan of Wonder Boy though (played it a bit the other day after reading your comment), but in the absence of anything else I might be convinced to give it a go. My other thought is Pitfall II...
I have big respect for this guy as he is actually talented, interesting to read and isn't trying to fleece the community with overpriced rubbish like most "homebrew developers" do on their first post

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Basically I would love to have the first two Wonder Boy games on Neo, made from scratch up to full Neo specs while retaining the original gameplay.
"Up to full Neo specs," means we need a pixel artist?