Interesting New AES-Style Consolized MV-1B on Aliexpress

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Dumb question as I don't do MVS: are MVS boards on Aliexpress original or new clones? I mean the board itself.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
China certainly has the means to pull it off on the cheap because I know we in the US sure didn't/don't especially now with the price of oil going through the roof...
I read a member stating they didn't really care for it because it's a direct copy of the AES where I believe it should have been at least MVS red..oh well, may have to give this a look see up close myself. as I have been very pleased with the design/quality of some other items I purchased....price is a little steep whereas the other stuff I purchased was nowhere near that cost but....
BB

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
China certainly has the means to pull it off on the cheap because I know we in the US sure didn't/don't especially now with the price of oil going through the roof...
I read a member stating they didn't really care for it because it's a direct copy of the AES where I believe it should have been at least MVS red..oh well, may have to give this a look see up close myself. as I have been very pleased with the design/quality of some other items I purchased....price is a little steep whereas the other stuff I purchased was nowhere near that cost but....
BB
The tweet has some replies showing the inside. There's actually some kind of impressive engineering going on to make the MV-1B fit, and the USB controls. (Personally I'd prefer the control ports in the right place.) I guess I'm out of touch, but I thought $320 was kind of cheap at today's prices compared to the other CMVS options available. I was originally somewhat interested in the Omega MVS due to its AES-like design, but this is much closer.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’d be interested to know how this compares to the Omega for example.

I see there is a transparent option as well

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Actual home systems don't exactly use the highest quality plastic, maybe it's a solid reproduction.
Home consoles usually use some kind of ABS, but going by those pictures it looks like some kind of resin mould.

I certainly wouldn't want to test its mettle on purpose or accidentally. Ugh.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Tacky bootleg crapola. I’d rather have a rusty steel box. Fuck this fake ass shit.

If anyone can source a large supply for eBay the collectards will loooooove it.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
If the plastic is anything like the new transparent GBA SP shells. Then the quality will be top notch.

I ordered one for shits in giggles back in February. I’ll let y’all know when I receive it.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Its to effin expensive. If it was like the other ones that are $160 i'd be way more interested.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Would be better if mvs carts themselves looked nicer. They're pretty no frills. I want to see that sweet aes artwork on my carts.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
How long before we run out of 1-slot boards, I wonder. I know SNK was popular in China but there is a never ending torrent of these.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
i like the “it’s too expensive” argument, like y’all weren’t paying more for less in a project box.

How long before we run out of 1-slot boards, I wonder. I know SNK was popular in China but there is a never ending torrent of these.

We’re probably not too far out, since they’ve moved on from the MV1C.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sorry, I hadn't noticed the $68 shipping to the US. That's pretty steep.

The Neo is already full implemented in FPGA, so it's only a matter of time before Analogue or someone makes an FPGA Neo Geo clone.

Would be better if mvs carts themselves looked nicer. They're pretty no frills. I want to see that sweet aes artwork on my carts.
True I guess, but if you're an MVS collector like me, you don't mind. I'm just happy to have the look of an AES console. The AES design is simply my favorite console, bar none.

Last edited: