Interspecies romance

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
About 70 miles from the Mall as the crow flies, a bird keeper at the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute (SCBI) in Front Royal, Virginia, has a most unusual story. It begins in 2004 when Chris Crowe met Walnut, a white-naped crane. Walnut was a very aggressive 23-year-old female who had never produced any chicks of her own. Attempts at mating her with males of her species had ended badly (she killed two of them). This trait is particularly unfortunate because the cranes are endangered. Walnut was brought to SCBI because of their successful artificial insemination program for animals unable to reproduce on their own. Walnut bonded so well with Chris that he was able to train her to accept artificial insemination without any physical restraint. And happily, Walnut became a mom, and then a grandma crane.

Walnut’s lack of tolerance of other cranes means she lives alone, but she enjoys visits from her “mate,” Chris. And because cranes can live to be 60 in captivity, Crowe can count on some very unconventional job security.

So basically
1) walnut had so much human interaction that it refused to see itself as a crane
2) walnut murdered any male cranes they paired with it
3) walnut fell in love with Chris Crowe
4) Chris has to be with walnut for another 25 years

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Fuck a duck, that's a weird story.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Female cranes have legs that go on forever, homina, homina! Walnut is a shitty name for a lady though, they should have went with something sexier like Wynona.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
When I think of Crane style, that is not what I had in mind.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Yep, that is the official “I don’t know what to do with my arms/hands” pose. Don’t worry Chris, Walnut will let you know what she wants.