iPad/iPhone shooters

J. Max

judas,
I thought that this might make for a good discussion. Everyone knows about DoDonPachi and Espgaluda, but are there any other shooters people on a regular basis? (I'm waiting for an iPad STUN Runner port and a Rez-like game, but I have a feeling that I'll be waiting for a while.)

agustusx

Marked Wolf
i opted out on any shooters other than the cave ones. Even though they are designed for the low res iphone(i only have an ipad), i thought getting the cave games for 10bucks was a fair deal(perhaps not to most iOS users though). I've got a ton of other non shooting games so I have plenty of apps to keep me busy.

I tried geometry wars HD but I don't think the control scheme on the IPad works so hot.

I've read about some good Iphone shmups, but partly because I have an IPad and never had an iphone I don't want the lower res games.

I can't play DFK on the ipad anymore though, I want to wait for the 360 release. I've played the game enough to imagine what it will look like on a larger screen, and to play with a Semistu stick and not my manstick.

I'm interested in hearing about what others found fun as well, particularly if its an Ipad app :)

Last edited:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Here are a few I got.

Siberian Strike 7/10 Fun but flawed

Icarus X- 6/10 I just cant get into this one yet

Hotfield. 4/10 Hello 1989 crappy 16 bit shooter.

Skysmash 7/10 love the theme but it is repetitive and not easy saves(shouldnt all portable games have that?)

Air Attack...see Hotfield

1942 First Strike 6/10 C'mon Capcom! You can do better. AT least this has level saves but the graphics are not great and it is really repetitive.

Meteor Blitz is pretty dang fun! 8/10

So far my favorite on my Ipod Touch is Espgaluda II.

:buttrock:

EagleTG

n00b
Icarus X- 6/10 I just cant get into this one yet

I was excited about this one too, after reading some reviews. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you. I never play it.

I do enjoy Radiant and Galaga Remix. Got Galaga when it was on sale for way cheap.