IREM Collection Volume 1 (Switch, PS4/5, X1/S)

Yoshi

20 Year Member

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Interesting. What's the track record of the firm doing the ports?

Vol 1. def not my cup of tea, but I could be tempted by a decent port of R-Type Leo.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
I'm with you on that, selection is a bit lacking but this may lead to us finally a port of Leo.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Oh, I remember this:
Spoiler:
IMG_20230426_103030.jpg

I mean, I get why they do this shit in 2023. Because people will still buy it. But it's still bullshit. We were definitely blessed by Taito in the PS2 era with their collections.

Hope Irem puts a lot of extras in this at least. Like an interview with the people who worked on these games. Pipe dream I know.

Great games tho.

Samson

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Noob of the Year
No Legend Of Hero Tonma and Metal Storm. womp womp womp :cry:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Then i see it's inin games instead of just being one huge collection it's being split up into volumes.There parent company strikes again being greedy a-holes.
My foolish optimism would give them the benefit of the doubt, I don't mind multiple volumes if the conversions are really good.

They probably won't be though.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
We were definitely blessed by Taito in the PS2 era with their collections.
If only we knew how good we had it. These recent collections don't come with half as many games and no cool bonuses like they used to. Taito Legends 2 had Darius Gaiden, G-Darius, Metal Black and Raystorm which is just insane.

Samson

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Noob of the Year
If only we knew how good we had it. These recent collections don't come with half as many games and no cool bonuses like they used to. Taito Legends 2 had Darius Gaiden, G-Darius, Metal Black and Raystorm which is just insane.
I have the Xbox version of Taito Legends 2. Weirdly it didn't come out in America but it's a region free disc.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I blame youtube on the current flow of retro compilations.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Five volumes of three games each is going to miss a lot of games. I'm not getting my hopes up for any of the often-requested titles here.

Image Fight 2 getting a western release is a good sign, but that's not a game I'd recommend to everyone. Most people will never get past the first stage.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
My foolish optimism would give them the benefit of the doubt, I don't mind multiple volumes if the conversions are really good.

They probably won't be though.
Yeah well maybe if they have one for r-type leo in it but i don't know.Then again i guess was all ways hoping for r-type leo along with kung fu master would get a arcade archive release instead.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Five volumes of three games each is going to miss a lot of games. I'm not getting my hopes up for any of the often-requested titles here.

Image Fight 2 getting a western release is a good sign, but that's not a game I'd recommend to everyone. Most people will never get past the first stage.
I have the pc-engine port of image fight 2 and yes it is very brutal.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I saw Strictly Limited have these on sale, but I prefer not to pay shipping from Europe for my copy.

Who will be selling this state side?

ININ has an Amazon store in which it is selling the Egret mini, I wonder if they'll carry this?

Side note, Strictly limited is selling a box set of the Irem games. The box won't ship until fall of 2024. Pass!

"Please note: This is a pre-order. Since this Collection bundle will include five volumes we expect to ship it with the release of volume 5, autumn 2024. You will receive order updates as soon as we receive the games and start shipping."

Yoshi

20 Year Member
It's worth noting that ININ and SLG are the same questionable company that posts optimistic shipping dates and intentionally neuters standard retail releases.