Is Babylon 5 still good?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I was talking to a friend about this show the other day, and it's got me interested in checking it out again. I haven't seen it in probably a decade or more. I realize the special effects will look pretty cheesy, since they were done on an Amiga computer or whatever, but is the story/dialog itself still ok, or has it aged terribly?

I figured I'd ask around before I try to track down the show on DVD.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Rewatched a few clips on YouTube last year: the CG, which wasn't the best at the time, looks more dated now but the story is still pretty good.

I don't know what the story was, but it was available on Netflix (just the regular series, none of the movies--including the launch film) until 2011 when it was yanked for some reason. Erg...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I remember never being able to get into it, but always hearing people rave.

The CG was always horrible though...

I was a DS9 dude (post Season 2).

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
DS9 is good too. I just got done watching the whole series a month ago.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I'd watch Babylon 5 again if it wasn't for all the other shit I have to watch. In my opinion it's still great, at least past the first season.

It was even more epic than DS9, but DS9 fits in the Star Trek universe, and that's hard to beat. If you're into sci-fi there's no way in hell you should miss either series.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I tried to watch Babylon 5 for a bit and I just couldn't get into it. I was also more of a DS9 fan.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Season 1 is shit.

Season 2 is still not great but it gradually gets more interesting. Season 3 and 4 is where the series peaks at and those are still awesome. Season 5 isn´t quite as shitty as season 1 but its not very good.

If you really want to get into it, do yourself a favor and only watch the pilot, then the last 5 episodes of season 1 and then go to season 2.

Last edited: