Is it ok to flame and spike selling threads ???

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Lately i have seen this happening a lot ,not only on this site but elsewhere too.

So what do you think?

Is it acceptable behaviour because prices have gone way up due to the resellers that spoil the hobby or it is just mere rudeness and jealousy?

Heath

, cheyne stoking
I take it you have just read the MS5 thread?

IMO if you have nothing of value to add to the thread then best to keep you mouth shut. most people on here have a good idea of whats a fair price for a game anyway.

Pulled from the market rules.

6.7. There is to be no “poisoning” of other users sales threads, e.g.: if a seller is selling something for $100, posting that the same item is available eBay for $70 would be considered “poisoning” the thread. These forums operate under the view that it is each buyer’s responsibility to research the fair market price for an item

totoro

The ms5 thread,the matrimelee thread the us ms1 thread ......:)

aria

Former Moderator
It isn't okay behavior, but people need to realize the mods don't scan the sales threads. If stuff gets out of hand, let us know.

I cleared up that MS5 thread.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
OK, OK, OK...
I did this to member here recently. Hypocritically, I'd say no: it's not ok. I shouldn't have said what I said to be honest but somehow, couldn't contain my feelings on the matter that day. Ordinarily, I would never behave so inappropriately, and you know, I apologise if I caused offense to any other members here, aside the seller tbh. I think 'that' daily bump somehow just pushed me over the edge that day.

It won't happen again...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
In regards to MS5, I think it was out of line. The game maybe of been priced slightly high, say by $50, not enough for someone to chime in with comments.

Some of the other titles were so overpriced I think it is fair to call them on it. 1000 for Matrimelee and 1800 euros for a faded RB2 deserve to get some comments.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If someone is trying to sell something way overpriced I'll say something about, I don't care who likes it or not. This market is not here to make anyone any money. The market is just a commodity for us to deal with each other honestly and without worries. Letting someone get away with overpricing things goes against the very reasons this market was put up in the first place.

totoro

If someone is trying to sell something way overpriced I'll say something about, I don't care who likes it or not. This market is not here to make anyone any money. The market is just a commodity for us to deal with each other honestly and without worries. Letting someone get away with overpricing things goes against the very reasons this market was put up in the first place.

Nice...
My thoughts more or less...
Resellers have taken over the video game scene unfortunately.
It is one thing to sell at a fair price and a whole different story to try to rip people off...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm fine with people overpricing things since most times their items just don't sell here. But I will say something if the seling thread has no prices listed and the buyer is only taking offers. If he wants bids take it to ebay or post a price with an OBO indication, he most certainly knows how much he wants for it but is fishing for someone to offer him more than he is expecting. And that is bullshit.

We should do like other forums where if a sales thread has no prices posted it just gets deleted.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
The more interesting question is why do some/many/most people feel the urge to drop in like price police?

Are they hoping to prevent some noob from overpaying, or is there some more sinister motive?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I appreciate it when people let me know something is priced too high, but there is a certain way to go about it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The more interesting question is why do some/many/most people feel the urge to drop in like price police?

Are they hoping to prevent some noob from overpaying, or is there some more sinister motive?

When I was a noob and saw the prices I looked everywhere to see where the lowest was. Some people just don't have common sense and apparently dive in head first to the Neo hobby with credit card at hand.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It isn't okay behavior, but people need to realize the mods don't scan the sales threads. If stuff gets out of hand, let us know.

I cleared up that MS5 thread.

Why not? I understand that there are really only a few active mods and you can't see everything, but this reads like the selling forum is just ignored. Perhaps someone should be appointed to be a specific Market mod? Someone that is willing to pay attention?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Why not? I understand that there are really only a few active mods and you can't see everything, but this reads like the selling forum is just ignored. Perhaps someone should be appointed to be a specific Market mod? Someone that is willing to pay attention?

I'd be more than happy to be a selling mod :D

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Lately i have seen this happening a lot ,not only on this site but elsewhere too.

So what do you think?

Is it acceptable behaviour because prices have gone way up due to the resellers that spoil the hobby or it is just mere rudeness and jealousy?

Short answer: No, it's not okay.

Less short answer: It depends who is doing it. Also if it's funny.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I'm fine with people overpricing things since most times their items just don't sell here. But I will say something if the seling thread has no prices listed and the buyer is only taking offers. If he wants bids take it to ebay or post a price with an OBO indication, he most certainly knows how much he wants for it but is fishing for someone to offer him more than he is expecting. And that is bullshit.

We should do like other forums where if a sales thread has no prices posted it just gets deleted.

100% this. The forums are not for best offers. Why isn't this a rule?

Some prices do deserve to have criticism. Basically things that are way over last confirmed selling price. Hey Xian, remember those chips some guy was selling for like 50+ dollars when they were like 20 for some game I can't remember? That shit is just disgraceful

US Matrimelee for $1000 is horseshit when there was a copy in the neo store a year ago for $200ish brand new unplayed. Like ElectricGrave stated the selling forum should be fair in pricing and pay respect to each other. It is what a community is based on. But instead we have people who only want to profit. Heck, look at CollectionKing, he got a lot of fair prices/deals from members and how does he repay the community? By jewing his prices and not giving the same favor back.

All it takes is one noob to increase prices (like we don't already have enough of that with AES buyers) to spoil it for everyone.

I would like to think that, thats what I do it for. I also do it so our hobby doesn't get out of hand. Look at what happened to the PC Engine games when no one confronted bullshit prices on pcenginefx. Now the prices are accepted as normal.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I'd be more than happy to be a selling mod :D

That would be a huge conflict of interest. You would inevitability use your powers for evil. The scooping rate would grow at such an exponential rate that the whole arcade scene would implode on its self.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Sinister, definitely sinister.