Is it possible to make your own PSN avatar?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Can you load your own image and use it as your avatar?

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I hate how PSN doesn't allow crap like that. Or if you get sick of your screen name and want to change it, there's no way you can, and instead you have to create a whole new account, and there's no way to transfer over games, movies, and content you downloaded as well as trophies you've earned. On XBL, you have to pay $10, but at least changing your screen name is painless.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I would recommend not picking stupid names in the first place. :oh_no:

Seems like they should have the option though...

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I hate how PSN doesn't allow crap like that. Or if you get sick of your screen name and want to change it, there's no way you can, and instead you have to create a whole new account, and there's no way to transfer over games, movies, and content you downloaded as well as trophies you've earned. On XBL, you have to pay $10, but at least changing your screen name is painless.

To be fair, XBL doesn't let you use your own images either. They probably do that so people don't have to complain about penis avatar images.

As for transferring your PSN stuff, as long as the original user that DL'd the stuff has an account on the system, you can start as many new IDs as you want. What's the problem? Unless you care about trophies, isn't this is a non-issue?

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
You can change your online name but most games don't reflect it.

It affects your friend list diplay though.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
To be fair, XBL doesn't let you use your own images either. They probably do that so people don't have to complain about penis avatar images.

As for transferring your PSN stuff, as long as the original user that DL'd the stuff has an account on the system, you can start as many new IDs as you want. What's the problem? Unless you care about trophies, isn't this is a non-issue?

You can take a picture with the 360 camera for your avatar picture but only people on your friends list can see it, everyone else sees a standard one.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

so long as the original account is on the ps3 you can just download everything that user has and it will appear on the new account.

I am not sure if there is a limit to this though.