Is it possible...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
To find an adapter that will change the size of an AC adapter plug? I have the perfect adapter for a Turbo Duo but the only thing wrong is the the plug size is too small. I know I need a "Q" size plug, this is probably a "P" size.

I have been looking online for a short cable that has a female "P" and a male "Q" end or something, but I'm getting nothing. If someone were to make a size changer like this it would be extremely useful.

I guess if all else fails I can cut and splice off of another adapter, but if you guys have seen any size changers around I would appreciate the info!

P.S. - I just realized that I could have posted this in Tech Support ( :oh_no: ), can a mod move this please? Thanks.

Valsimot

n00b
If you have any soldering skills, it should be pretty easy to make. One female jack, one male, a bit of wire and you're done. Just be careful of the polarity.

One thing i don't get is the "P"/"Q" designations, I thought jacks where designated by diameter in mm.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you have any soldering skills, it should be pretty easy to make. One female jack, one male, a bit of wire and you're done. Just be careful of the polarity.

One thing i don't get is the "P"/"Q" designations, I thought jacks where designated by diameter in mm.

Hmm, maybe I'll try looking up jacks in mm before I cut the wire up.

The reason I was saying "P" and "Q" is because there's a few places out there that use those to describe the tip. RadioShack does this, as well as a few places online that I've looked.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Its possible in the US they are described by letters but in Europe (and here) they use mm.

Anyway, cut the old plug off and solder a new one on.

Valsimot

n00b
OK, I was able to find "Q" it's 6.3/3mm by Euro/Australia standards but no "P".

Go to your local radioshack (or similar) with the AC adapter in hand. Find a solder-on female jack that fits it and a "Q" (6.3/3mm) male solder-on jack and a length of wire (I'd go for double length of what you need, you might need it later). The wire should be the same gauge as the AC adapters.

If you can't find a suitable female jack and decide to replace the plug on the end, just remember to leave a bit of cable on it. You might have some use for that plug someday.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
OK, I was able to find "Q" it's 6.3/3mm by Euro/Australia standards but no "P".

Go to your local radioshack (or similar) with the AC adapter in hand. Find a solder-on female jack that fits it and a "Q" (6.3/3mm) male solder-on jack and a length of wire (I'd go for double length of what you need, you might need it later). The wire should be the same gauge as the AC adapters.

If you can't find a suitable female jack and decide to replace the plug on the end, just remember to leave a bit of cable on it. You might have some use for that plug someday.

Hey, thanks a lot man! I'll have to see if I can source those parts, I doubt radioshack has anything like that anymore, they're almost a glorified cell phone store nowadays. :crying:

chaoticjelly

Kabuki Klasher
Is the Turbo Duo DC plug the same size as the Japanese Duo DC plug?

If so I have some..

They are solder type, so you would have to cut the DC plug off the PSU, and solder this one on..

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Just do like me and make it out of two AC adapters. Find one with the right wattage and voltage, and another with the right size plug. Cut the cables and splice back together. I made a US Famicom AC adapter out of an NES and SNES adapter this way.