Is SNKP finished after KOF XIII?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It isn't just SNK not releasing new KoF installments yearly. There's been rumors they don't want to stick it out in the game industry and the lead producer of KoF XIII did leave last year.

I dunno...something about SNK stinks right now.

(P.s. - Your forums really need an edit button)

it does have an edit button. bottom right of your post

Well I apologize but I don't see an edit button. I see "Reply", "Reply With Quote", and "Multi-Quote This Message".

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Are the people advocating buying KOFXIII going to still be doing that if the netcode blows?

How was the arcade version?

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
If the netcode blows, I would probably buy it for the extras like new charactrers such as billy, saiki, ex iori plus a few more and the new BGs. I would not even look at it twice if there are no extras to keep me busy.

Last edited:

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Are the people advocating buying KOFXIII going to still be doing that if the netcode blows?

I loved XII so XIII feels like a dream come true for me. I don't care about no netcode, son. I would have been ok with a straightforward port of XIII but they went the extra ZILLION miles and put in every mode you can think of.

Nobody can be disappointed. Want competition? travel, teach locals to play KoF if there are none that do. Don't miss out on this gem. Last stand of real 2D fighting.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
When I was in Japan, every single time I found a KOFXIII cab, I was just blown away by it artistic quality. It still puzzles and amazes me how SNK-P has been able to create such a goodness in these very years. You see those sprites, the details, the animations... and it's just 'wow'. Seriously, just 'wow'.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Thanks for the info guys...will definitely be pre-ordering this.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Thanks for the info guys...will definitely be pre-ordering this.

Thanks for the reminder..I gotta pre order too....I don't care for the music discs but its only 49.99 and '98 style Iori comes free.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
When I was in Japan, every single time I found a KOFXIII cab, I was just blown away by it artistic quality. It still puzzles and amazes me how SNK-P has been able to create such a goodness in these very years. You see those sprites, the details, the animations... and it's just 'wow'. Seriously, just 'wow'.

exactly.. it's too bad they aren't able to pick up any momentum with quality titles like this and start continuing other classic SNK series the same way.. but seems like capital is running thin for SNK-P and if these aren't more successful, these kinds of games are definitely going to be very few and far between.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I can only hope that if sales go well for XIII, and that fans are vocal enough, that we'll get other games done in this style. I am sure the netcode will indeed be very solid - they can't afford to NOT have it there.

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster

I dont give a shit about the netcode being good or not. It wouldnt be the first time we got a fighter with crap netcode. I just want to play the home version with my pals.

Well I live in a dead town so it's online or bust. I actually want to play this game seriously so I need a game that can hold its own online.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave

What I thought was weird and kinda cool was to see tons of people using the training mode... in the arcade... I mean WTF ...
well that and the fact that they don't sit next to each other in order to fight... every player gets his/her own cab and "face" their opponents... awesome.

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm planning on pre-ordering this even though (or maybe because) I'm still getting mileage out of KoF XII. Even if the net code is busted out of the gate they'll get it right. . .eventually. It's worth getting it just to keep SNK's cash flowing.

strider

duck duck goose
How has this performed in Japanese arcades? Is it popular in the way that Street Fighter and Tekken is? I've been really enjoying this and it would be disappointing to think that it would be their last game. Although it's a pretty good one to go out on. I've kill for a new sequel to Garou, but I'm guessing they'll be looking at how popular this is.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
How has this performed in Japanese arcades? Is it popular in the way that Street Fighter and Tekken is? I've been really enjoying this and it would be disappointing to think that it would be their last game. Although it's a pretty good one to go out on. I've kill for a new sequel to Garou, but I'm guessing they'll be looking at how popular this is.

Take a trip to the Atlus forums and ask them yourself...everywhere else trolls are putting it down and fanboys are bigging it up...no straight answers there.

I'm guessing it'll sell well enough to get them out of the red, but not enough to get on board for Garou 2 or CvS3.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
KOF XIII is Awesome, I havent played a game this much in years and not even had it a week.... I really hope there is another in the making.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Take a trip to the Atlus forums and ask them yourself...everywhere else trolls are putting it down and fanboys are bigging it up...no straight answers there.

I'm guessing it'll sell well enough to get them out of the red, but not enough to get on board for Garou 2 or CvS3.

If KOFXIII makes good $, then there's a good possibility of future games. KOF is too big for it to completely disappear. The series may get licensed to another company for future games.

Would be great to see exSNKP developers create their own company and license the series for development.

I'd would be down to see SNKP's IPs turned into something awesome by another company with the right vision..

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I haven't gotten my hands on XIII yet, but I am willing to support it as much as I can. Not holding my breath though, us old schoolers can't afford to anymore.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I wish SKNP would just fold already so Capcom can get the rights.

Also I wish Arc Sys would go away, but whatever.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I wish SKNP would just fold already so Capcom can get the rights.
I am fucking sick of hearing that. I wish people who say that would just fold.

Because Capcom is putting out better fighting games than this lately? Give me a break.