Is there a NEO GEO Pocket Production Number List?

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Something crossed my mind recently when looking at the spines of one my neo geo pocket games. Last Blade is NEOP-0095, so do all NGPC titles have a production code like that? Do we have a full list in the same way NEO-GEO games do?

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
all those unreleased games. Such a shame. What's the reason for the odd number scheme? Big bang pro wrestling is 00660, but Dive alert is 0088. That seems odd to me.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
all those unreleased games. Such a shame. What's the reason for the odd number scheme? Big bang pro wrestling is 00660, but Dive alert is 0088. That seems odd to me.
The first four digits comprise the actual game/ROM ID. There is a "0" at the end for Japanese releases and a "1" at the end for US releases.

A game like Dive Alert has a different code for Japan than the rest of world because the ROM is different (language was translated and wireless feature removed). Because Big Bang has dual language support, if it had been released in the US, it would have had the product code 00661 with the same base as Japan.

Edit: that link above is confusing because it puts European/World part numbers in the same column as Japanese part numbers. The price guide does a better job at listing the games by ID in order: https://www.neo-geo.com/pocket/priceguide.html

Last edited: