Is this the best hardware ever for shmups?

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
That reminds me, I read about a documentary they're working on about Toaplan a while back. Looks like they hit their financial goal, and it's in the works. As long as they translate all the interviews into English (or at least Engrish ;p), it should be worth a watch.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Friendly reminder that M2 includes Teki Paki as a freebee with their recent ShotTriggers games. They have a home port working with this hardware already, so have no excuse to to get around to the rest of these games someday. :smirk:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I think it probably is. Bagged up several clears on this list. Allow me this one flex. 😤😤😤

Ajax

15 Year Member
No fucking way... Just about bagged this one last week, somehow. Tough game.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Actual Toaplan v2 hardware sucks in this day and age though. The reputation of unreliability is justified. Probably need to look into a MiSTer one of these days...

Ajax

15 Year Member
Somebody listed a Batrider Ver B a while ago and it sold for like $2,500 in literally a few minutes. Somebody's not getting the memo.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Somebody listed a Batrider Ver B a while ago and it sold for like $2,500 in literally a few minutes. Somebody's not getting the memo.
I sold my Batrider Ver. B many years ago for like $500 and I thought I was stealing money as I just got the board (along with other baller shmups that weren't baller at the time) in a trade for a Rumble Fish kit lol

Ajax

15 Year Member
My b, everybody, I've grossly misrepresented the Batrider sale I mentioned.

It sold for $2,000, not $2,500. I'm very sorry for this egregious error.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I sold my Batrider Ver. B many years ago for like $500 and I thought I was stealing money as I just got the board (along with other baller shmups that weren't baller at the time) in a trade for a Rumble Fish kit lol

Honestly I go up to $1500 for one and that’s not enough these days. My favorite shmup of all time and one of my favorite 1cc ever.

I think I’m just going to build a MISter.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Honestly I go up to $1500 for one and that’s not enough these days. My favorite shmup of all time and one of my favorite 1cc ever.

I think I’m just going to build a MISter.

Definitely the best route. I used to get so frustrated at Ketsui going higher than $250 when I was trying to buy one 🤣🤣🤣

Just to hurt people's souls, other boards in that deal I got we're Batsugun and V-V. Good times

For RUMBLE FISH 🤣 In fairness the kit had just come out and was still over $600 and nerd collectors hadn't ruined shmup PCBs yet. But still. Wild.