ISIS Wrecked Paris Today...

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Well, I'm glad that you guys on the forums are pretty awesome and civil with the discussion about last night's events. Feel horrible about it still. Not a religious person per se, but cheers to everyone, especially in Beirut and Paris.

ozil pray.jpg

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That's pretty accurate. Westerners instead of learning about a religion instead prefer to assume things about it and judge them based off their own conclusions that hold no fact. In fact the bible itself has some really dark stuff in it but no church will read that stuff. You learn that on your own.

That is why the new testament exists.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
They are targeting any country who condemn or attacked them. Nuke them at syria/iraq I say. Launching small ass air strikes is clearly not working.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
No. Because Beirut has been a known crisis zone.

Caring about attacks in Beirut is like caring when someone pees on the floor of a public restroom. But if you pee on the floor of a place I consider safe and secure, like my bathroom at home, I will be angry, and probably want to fuck you up. And since Paris is a bathroom people used to feel safe in, people are rightfully upset. The number of good clean bathrooms is diminishing now.

And trust me, having lived in the middle east, their bathrooms are fucking terrible and smell like prison.

/golfclap

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
That's pretty accurate. Westerners instead of learning about a religion instead prefer to assume things about it and judge them based off their own conclusions that hold no fact. In fact the bible itself has some really dark stuff in it but no church will read that stuff. You learn that on your own.
True, but you don't see christian zealots planning mass attacks. Most religions have aggressive connotations in their histories, yet there's only one we hear about over and over again committing acts of violence to others in the name of their religion.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
@nug: That's because most if christianity killed and maimed each other hundreds of years ago until there was no one left and people started to figure out how stupid it is.

mind you - there are/were still conflicts like in Ireland. I remember the pictures of grown men throwing bottles and stones at passing elementary school children because they were either protestant or catholic.

many people forget about the Middle East that it is a place that has seen mostly dictatorships or failed states and constant states of war after the collapse of the Ottoman empire.

so I suggest we clear this once and for all - give us Turks back our Ottoman clay!! Come back home boys!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Hunger for religion is born out of anxiety and desperation, you can't bomb that away, it's only going to make it worse. I'm not quite as cynical as most here - I do believe that (after a decent hand at fucking it up in the first place) some of the actions taken by western governments in the middle east have been a genuine desire to help, but whatever the intentions the outcome is always the same, an even bigger mess.

It's hard to stand by and watch a country run by a genocidal dictator fuck his people in every way possible, it goes against everything that makes up the better part of being human, but unless there is a clear and defined path to fix the problem then leaving it well alone could actually be the best course of action. Removing a dictator and reinstalling some shitbag of our own choosing is fucking stupid.

My point here is we have terrorism from these people because we are making ourselves the enemy for no particular reason, our intervention isn't fixing anything, it's just costing money and lives.

Let them fight it out on their own for a couple of decades, see what the eventual status quo looks like, let them be.

In the meantime if they ever put something together that looks like a threat to us then reassess.

Tl;dr

They want us to fuck off
When we stick our nose in it makes it worse anyway
So lets just fuck off and let them kill each other

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
not sure.

the West did meddle too long in the Middle East supporting anyone who kissed their asses even if it's blood-thirsty dictators.

but as a muslim I say, someone has to deal with groups like IS or to a lesser extent Al-Qaeda.

These aren't people who became bitter because of western interference in the middle east (at least not the leaders...) - these are people who get wet dreaming of world domination and eradicating anything and anyone who is standing between them and their goals.

I've watched some fair share of ISIS propaganda videos....
these are people who take joy out of crucifiyng people alive, burning them alive or sticking their heads literally on pikes!

I've seen videos of ISIS drowning people in cages inside a swimming pool with GO-PROs attached to the cage so that they can film underwater.................

These kind of acts go way beyond religion. It's basically psychos living out their sick dreams and fantasies like the Inquisition did in the Middle Ages....you know so "that God smiles at you...."

so I say just keep on dropping Hellfires on their heads for all I care.

but sooner or later someone will have to go in there.....since Syria is a mess and Iraq can't handle it..

as a Turk I won't suggest sending our own troops though I admit - not many people there who see us in a good light..

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
videos of ISIS drowning people in cages inside a swimming pool with GO-PROs attached to the cage so that they can film underwater.................
this could be the new pro wrestling

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Not surprised the only person making good posts itt is wasabi. The rest of you are worthless.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
No. Because Beirut has been a known crisis zone.

Caring about attacks in Beirut is like caring when someone pees on the floor of a public restroom. But if you pee on the floor of a place I consider safe and secure, like my bathroom at home, I will be angry, and probably want to fuck you up. And since Paris is a bathroom people used to feel safe in, people are rightfully upset. The number of good clean bathrooms is diminishing now.

And trust me, having lived in the middle east, their bathrooms are fucking terrible and smell like prison.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. There are places on this planet that are always at war in some form or another. Then there are places (much of the planet) that are not. France is on the "not" side...so when something of this nature happens there, it's shocking.

I hate to say it...but when it comes to terrorist attacks, America actually has it coming. As much as we fuck in other's affairs, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. A country like France isn't nearly as guilty of that as we are. I guess Europe is just easier access than we are.

One more thing, those blaming this on a religion are being pretty narrow minded. This kind of insanity and the actions of Isis in general have nothing to do with any religion...these are the acts of hate filled, anti social psychopaths.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This pretty much hits the nail on the head. There are places on this planet that are always at war in some form or another. Then there are places (much of the planet) that are not. France is on the "not" side...so when something of this nature happens there, it's shocking.

I don't know if I can agree.

Off the top of my head:
Franco Prussian War
WWI
WWII
Decolonization Wars
ivory Coast
Libya

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hunger for religion is born out of anxiety and desperation, you can't bomb that away, it's only going to make it worse. I'm not quite as cynical as most here - I do believe that (after a decent hand at fucking it up in the first place) some of the actions taken by western governments in the middle east have been a genuine desire to help, but whatever the intentions the outcome is always the same, an even bigger mess.

It's hard to stand by and watch a country run by a genocidal dictator fuck his people in every way possible, it goes against everything that makes up the better part of being human, but unless there is a clear and defined path to fix the problem then leaving it well alone could actually be the best course of action. Removing a dictator and reinstalling some shitbag of our own choosing is fucking stupid.

My point here is we have terrorism from these people because we are making ourselves the enemy for no particular reason, our intervention isn't fixing anything, it's just costing money and lives.

Let them fight it out on their own for a couple of decades, see what the eventual status quo looks like, let them be.

In the meantime if they ever put something together that looks like a threat to us then reassess.

Tl;dr

They want us to fuck off
When we stick our nose in it makes it worse anyway
So lets just fuck off and let them kill each other

YES!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
One more thing, those blaming this on a religion are being pretty narrow minded. This kind of insanity and the actions of Isis in general have nothing to do with any religion...these are the acts of hate filled, anti social psychopaths.

^^^

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug

Absolutely! This isn't anything to do with religion -- its 100% psychopaths who have no place in civilized society.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Whelp, we'll see who lives longer... the all-inclusive pacifists, or the xenophobic war-mongers. Who do you have your money on?

I'd say the latter. The first group will be up to their necks in deep shit before they realize it's too late. 'Tis better to err on the side of caution, my friends.

StevenK

10 Year Member

You're kidding yourself if you think ISIS is made up of 30,000 - 200,000 psychopaths (estimates of membership numbers vary), any more than assuming the entire nation of Germany just suddenly became psychopaths overnight in 1939. Sure what they are doing is bound to attract a small number of people already bent that way, but in the main these are perfectly normal people who genuinely believe they are in the right, just as much as everyone else here.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You're kidding yourself if you think ISIS is made up of 30,000 - 200,000 psychopaths (estimates of membership numbers vary), any more than assuming the entire nation of Germany just suddenly became psychopaths overnight in 1939. Sure what they are doing is bound to attract a small number of people already bent that way, but in the main these are perfectly normal people who genuinely believe they are in the right, just as much as everyone else here.

No, it's comprised of top end psychopaths and an army of lemmings being manipulated with a religion. In this case, the religion is nothing more that a tool...the core issue is those in charge, which has little to do with religion.

I can't stand religion...any of them. But...I refuse to blame religion for things. It's like people crying "racism" now...it's not fucking racism, it's assholes/trash being assholes/trash.

There's well over a billion Muslims on this earth...30,000-200,000 crazies doesn't even begin to touch the rest. This is thought pattern is like the those who want to ban AR-15s because 1 was used in a mass shooting. Never mind the millions that don't cause a single bit of trouble.

If a vast majority of Muslims were causing problems, sure, I would agree. But 200,000 out of an estimated 1,500,000,000 doesn't strike me as an issue.

I will say this...these human trash only respond to one thing, violence. To beat them, you have to be worse than them...sadly, the US refuses to do this. This is like a professional boxer letting a retard bully punch him repeatedly.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
lets just bomb the whole country

*video of dozens of rbs missiles firing off into nowhere*

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
To beat them, you have to be worse than them...sadly, the US refuses to do this.

This has really become a problem in the world. Whether it's the terrorist states in the middle east or the drug cartels here in the Americas, western nations simply refuse to "stoop to the level" of these enemies, but that is unfortunately the best (and maybe the only) way to really fight them. Western nations just got to used to fighting each other under an agreed-upon set of rules-of-war. Our 21st century adversaries don't follow these rules, yet we refuse to really deviate from them.

StevenK

10 Year Member
No, it's comprised of top end psychopaths and an army of lemmings being manipulated with a religion. In this case, the religion is nothing more that a tool...the core issue is those in charge, which has little to do with religion.

I can't stand religion...any of them. But...I refuse to blame religion for things. It's like people crying "racism" now...it's not fucking racism, it's assholes/trash being assholes/trash.

There's well over a billion Muslims on this earth...30,000-200,000 crazies doesn't even begin to touch the rest. This is thought pattern is like the those who want to ban AR-15s because 1 was used in a mass shooting. Never mind the millions that don't cause a single bit of trouble.

If a vast majority of Muslims were causing problems, sure, I would agree. But 200,000 out of an estimated 1,500,000,000 doesn't strike me as an issue.

I will say this...these human trash only respond to one thing, violence. To beat them, you have to be worse than them...sadly, the US refuses to do this. This is like a professional boxer letting a retard bully punch him repeatedly.

3000 people died on 9/11, in response America and the allies completely decimated a couple of countries including hundreds of thousands of civilians. This doesn't appear to have beaten them.

This isn't something violence can solve, just leave them alone as they ask, I can't see a preferable option.