#IStandWithAhmed

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Unsubstantiated fear and knee jerk-reactions are good enough for me.

derp but he was brown and brown people are threatning muh freedom thousands of miles away

I thought most people here would've seen how fucking stupid it is that just cause a brown kid made a clock that he should be reported for 'suspicious activity'.

Today I learned where most of you stand.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The issue your're addressing is just way too deep and way too complicated to fix properly.

If I had a paranoid neighbor that was constantly thinking the "man" was out to get him, grabbing a "close to real" looking airsoft rifle and marching up to his front door with it wouldn't be a good idea.

This asshole poked the skunk, and it is pretty obvious. Attempting to address deep seated social paranoia and fears in this manner is just plain stupid.

We, as a large group of animals, will NEVER overcome fear and prejudice...ever. It is as old as the human race and will never cease to exist. Dumb shit stunts like that will only make it worse, actually.

*EDIT*

I'd also like to address your armchair snark about the actual device. It is awful simple for you to address this after the fact and far from it. Again, even an intelligent person, when put in the right situation, will panic. To sit back and criticize them about the exact specifics of that device is absurd. I can assure you that if I even had a slight thought that something may be a bomb, I wouldn't be the one to fuck with it. If you'd be Rambo enough to start dissecting it, good for you.

Its a deep seated issue for sure with no simple solution, fear is also an important positive protection system all animals have. I don't disagree there is a good chance it was all a stunt staged by the family. Regardless of that, the result is the same for those involved who assumed it was a bomb, tricked of not, they felt what they felt and took the action they thought appropriate. Would they have done the same if it were a Caucasian boy or girl? I really don't know, but it would be nice to think they have privately asked this question to themselves.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
We, as a large group of animals, will NEVER overcome fear and prejudice...ever. It is as old as the human race and will never cease to exist. Dumb shit stunts like that will only make it worse, actually.

Unlike other animals, our brain capacity enables us to recognize exaggerated fear and prejudice and do something against it, just like most kids eventually overcome their fear of the monster under their beds and realize that it's just a silly figment of their imagination. Fear and prejudice are closely related in that prejudice more often than not is born out of ignorance and fear of the unkown so one way of improving things could be to make people learn a few things about the world around us instead of giving in to primal feelings that cloud their judgement to a point where they make irrational decisions that do more harm than the "problem" they're going against.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
My Jihad is to get my damn motorcycle going again.

Guess I'll throw some suitcase bombs at the problem.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
As are you.

Only one here who's a retarded averageman in every way is you. Sorry truth hurts, you're not special, you're not clever, you're just...nothing, man. Honestly. I read your posts and this site wouldn't change a bit if you were gone.

That's all I'll say about that because I don't want to hurt your feelings anymore by speaking the truth.

You're an embarassment is what you are.

Don't worry, you can't hurt my feelings. To me, you're like a child throwing a tantrum. Who are you to speak for everyone here? You're a fucking laughingstock bro. Every thread you're in you say something stupid and get made fun of by others, not just me. But keep on projecting!

I can admit that this site is bigger than me and will keep going when I'm gone, but guess what... it's not going to change a bit with you gone either. I don't know where a guy who basically defected to China (in attitude at least if not in reality) to teach schoolchildren English could get such an ego. You didn't make it in America bro, you're a fucking loser.

P.S. - I'm embarrassed you can't spell embarrassment. You sure you're up to teaching?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
14 year old kid brings a science project to school and you all are acting like 'WELL HE'S A MOOSLUM SO WHO KNOWS'.

Fucking pathetic Americans act like they live in the mid-east. Constantly looking over their shoulder in the most powerful country in the world.

Shit hasn't happened in America for over 14 years now aside from the usual gang killings, white people shooting up in movie theaters and kindergartens, etc. etc. None of which involve Muslims.

#sage4achmed

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
14 year old kid brings a science project to school and you all are acting like 'WELL HE'S A MOOSLUM SO WHO KNOWS'.

Nope. This stupid little ragsmurf gutted an alarm clock and dumped that shit into a small suitcase.
And for THIS he has been showered with gifts, grants, accolades and publicity....even getting a commendation from the president for his budding scientific curiosity.

THATS the part of this story that is fucking retarded IMHO.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Nope. This stupid little ragsmurf gutted an alarm clock and dumped that shit into a small suitcase.
And for THIS he has been showered with gifts, grants, accolades and publicity....even getting a commendation from the president for his budding scientific curiosity.

Yeah, that shit right there. When the story first came out, most of the media outlets, including Hack A Day, made it sound like he made that clock from random parts. When I found out it was just a re-housed clock, and he got a bunch of shit even AFTER the fact, that pissed me off.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

This reminds me of William Hung....everybody was so wrapped up in their guilt for laughing at a retard to notice he was just a greedy chinese guy trying to cash in on his stupid looking face and comedically bad singing.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Compassion is a helluva drug.
Makes people do stupid shit.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Fox News: Shining the light of TRUTH in a world gone DARK.

Nah, it's all over the web not just Fox mumbo jumbo. Tech experts are demonstrating it's not a home made clock and was just ripped from one and thrown in a case. His father is a political activist and everyone is starting to believe it was a hoax for attention. I'm unsure what to think yet.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
why is lonesage so mad?

Also, people need to stop giving this guy free shit and free trips and taking pictures of him looking sad.

I took one look at that "homemade clock" and understood why his teacher called someone. Is is that easy for social media asses on the east and west coast to vilify a bunch of supposed "hicks" in Texas?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
The problem is that he showed the "clock" to other teachers & they didn't have a problem with it. Only one teacher did & when he was questioned he was acting like a 14year old bitch. Cops were called & handcuffed the kid. He was questioned about the "clock" but was not cooperative according to the police/school. The school didn't treat it like a bomb threat though as the school was never evacuated, so that's probably the reason why they may do some legal action with the school & police.

So pretty much, the adults didn't follow protocol & the punk kid gets away with his hoax.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
http://hackaday.com/2015/09/22/clocks-for-social-good/
12-seg-clock-blogview.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The problem is that he showed the "clock" to other teachers & they didn't have a problem with it. Only one teacher did & when he was questioned he was acting like a 14year old bitch. Cops were called & handcuffed the kid. He was questioned about the "clock" but was not cooperative according to the police/school. The school didn't treat it like a bomb threat though as the school was never evacuated, so that's probably the reason why they may do some legal action with the school & police.

So pretty much, the adults didn't follow protocol & the punk kid gets away with his hoax.

point proven.

Let's buy him a PSP

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hmmm....

AHMED'S SISTER ADMITS SCHOOL SUSPENSION FOR ALLEGED BOMB THREAT 3 YEARS EARLIER

The Associated Press
by NEIL MUNRO 23 Sep 2015

The sister of the boy who brought a suspected hoax-bomb to his Texas high school said she was suspended from a school in a prior bomb scare. Her suspension occurred in 2009 while she was attending middle school in the same district.

Lesley Weaver, a spokeswoman for the district, said school officials can't release any information about the 18-year-old sister's episode because the Sudanese parents won't sign the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, The school has already sent the form to the immigrant Sudanese parents, but they won't sign it, she said.

The sister is named Eyman Mohamed.

"I wish we could provide more information to the media," said Weaver, whose school district and local police force are now facing worldwide claims that they unfairly targeted the sister's brother 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed after he was detained Sept. 14 on the suspicion that he had brought a hoax bomb into the school.

The boy brought his device a dismantled, 120-volt clock packed inside a school box to show off to his teachers.

The sister claimed after the arrest that she had been suspended from a school for several days. "I got suspended from school for three days from this stupid same district, from this girl saying I wanted to blow up the school, something I had nothing to do with", she said, without providing evidence or proof.

The episode occurred around 2009, she said. The scare happened in "my first year of attempting middle school in America. I knew English, but the culture was different, the people were different", Eyman said.

"I got suspended and I didn't do anything about it", she said.

"When I heard about Ahmed, I was so mad because it happened to me and I didn't get to stand up, so I'm making sure he's standing up because it's not right. So I'm not jealous, I'm kinda like it's like he's standing for me."

Two days after the Sept. 14 incident, President Barack Obama intervened by praising the boy, praising his clock-in-a-box, and inviting him to the White House for an October event. "Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great", Obama tweeted, effectively suggesting that Irving officials were unfair to the Muslim boy.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
#justice4ragsmurfs

EDIT: the smurf hats are sikh headwear, not terrorist.

neuve-a.gif

Last edited: