It can be dangerous to be black and a legal gun owner in America

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hopefully some fruitful discussion in this thread might help. Even just a little.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Cop got killed because he happened to pull over the wrong nut on the wrong day for... a window tint check.
lmbo @ making window tint illegal and then getting killed for it.

No restrictions on window tint in the People's Republic, FREEDOM :buttrock:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Hopefully some fruitful discussion in this thread might help. Even just a little.

Well if that's the goal, then I think it is of note that all of the videos norton posted resulted in charges and two resulted resulted in convictions, the gas station one, the cop got five years.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Damn it feels good to not give a fuck about police hassling me, I'm choking on all the FREEDOM of driving and only having to worry about traffic cameras and not cops pulling guns on me :cool: :cool: 😎
Come on man... that time you wanted to walk in the park, and the police were like

“where are your papers?!”

how free did you feel to respond with your first impulse?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Isn't lonesage from Lynchburg?

My homie moved there to go to the seminary and his first weekend he went out for a jog. Next thing he knew, he had 3 cops pulling up to him.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I was lucky that the one time I was in a standoff with police, I was on the other side of an apartment door and they thought I was armed. So they were a little reluctant to bust in. Eventually, they brought in a supervisor that chilled the beat cops the fuck out and nobody got shot.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Come on man... that time you wanted to walk in the park, and the police were like

“where are your papers?!”

how free did you feel to respond with your first impulse?
Uh, pretty fuckin free and I told them what's the problem and they were like well it might take a while so I said fuck that gay shit and I left them with their dicks in their hands.

Cops here dgaf and don't powertrip and DON'T hassle anyone, swear to Mao I saw a guy cross the double yellow lines while Cops were in the opposite lane and they kept driving, it was beautiful, No one got hurt so who gaf.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Uh, pretty fuckin free and I told them what's the problem and they were like well it might take a while so I said fuck that gay shit and I left them with their dicks in their hands.

Cops here dgaf and don't powertrip and DON'T hassle anyone, swear to Mao I saw a guy cross the double yellow lines while Cops were in the opposite lane and they kept driving, it was beautiful, No one got hurt so who gaf.
Unless you're the wrong religion, in which case you get sent to a fucking concentration camp

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Well Yeah but Xinjiang is like a whole other country. I haven't been the same since I Visited. The policies there are unlike anywhere else in china, except Tibet.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Cops here dgaf and don't powertrip and DON'T hassle anyone,
Yeah, it's that way in Japan, too. The contrast is so fucking stark, it's unbelievable. Cops here are there to help people, full stop. They're so approachable and so friendly and helpful it feels weird calling them cops. None of them took the job because they're emotional adolescents who want to live in an action movie or take out their childhood trauma on others.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's that way in Japan, too. The contrast is so fucking stark, it's unbelievable. Cops here are there to help people, full stop. They're so approachable and so friendly and helpful it feels weird calling them cops. None of them took the job because they're emotional adolescents who want to live in an action movie or take out their childhood trauma on others.
Honest to Mao it took me a year here to see cop cars flashing lights and not immediately tense up and get nervous. Fuckin mild mannered ptsd

I hope Cops never get a positive portrayal in TV or movies ever again. The mask is off. Had a friend 15 years ago who was a cop for a year, one time he saw a drunk guy and gave him a ride home. Dude got in trouble because apparently he was supposed to lock him up in jail for a night for the crime of *gasp* being intoxicated in public. What in the world. He quit after that because he saw American Cops truly aren't there to help.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Lonesage i’m not sure what your point is other than to highlight just how fucked up American policing is by contrasting it with how (seemingly) good China’s policing is.

yeah, that’s fucked.

But don’t then conflate that with the subjects of the CCP’s nightmare state being free.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I hope Cops never get a positive portrayal in TV or movies ever again.
The problem isn't the positive portrayal, it's that being a cop is portrayed as being much more exciting than the job is meant to be. I mean, Training Day is a negative portrayal of cops, but I'm sure it inspired just as many of the wrong kind of people to gleefully sign up for the force as a movie like Lethal Weapon did.

What you and I are seeing where we are is that the problem isn't police, it's the mentality of policing in the US. Cops in America do not see themselves as public servants. At all. They see themselves as another gang, in competition and at war with all the other gangs in their area.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Who polices the Uighurs?
There are tons of Uyghur police. Two of them followed me on motorcycle in one city and told me to not take pictures even though I was just outside walking around. Yeesh.

Anyway, if anyone's interested this is hands down the best article I have read, and it matches up so much with what I experienced in XJ as well: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/04/12/surviving-the-crackdown-in-xinjiang/amp

It's a bit of a long read but worth it if you have any interest. I believe it 100%.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If a police officer pulled a gun on me for a traffic violation I'd be shitting my pants.
It's like that here too unless you like coming at them with a knife.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

sounds like DC. Cops don’t do shit in DC.