It can be dangerous to be black and a legal gun owner in America

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I have no clue what you're even trying to say. Gonna have to dumb it down for the ole 'Duf.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm saying that America society is built on a cycle of irrational fear and mass consumption. And one result of it is guns and violence.

If a foreigner asked me why america has so many guns/violence, that is what I'd tell them.

The manifest destiny (as you implied) is also a part of the yin and yang.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm saying that America society is built on a cycle of irrational fear and mass consumption. And one result of it is guns and violence.

If a foreigner asked me why america has so many guns/violence, that is what I'd tell them.

The manifest destiny (as you implied) is also a part of the yin and yang.

I like when Norton isn’t cryptic.

Would you extend this to the 19th and 18th centuries as well?

I don’t know that I was implying manifest destiny, but it works. What I meant was that the people who conquered the Americas were no different than the Romans, Persians, Mongols, Turks, or any other aggressive, conquering power.

We just wrote a document that said we were different and then we proceeded to come up with reasons (manifest destiny, white man’s burden, etc) to justify doing said expansion despite our enshrined values.

TLDR: We’re all still barbarians: See WW2 for more information.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

I don’t know that I was implying manifest destiny, but it works. What I meant was that the people who conquered the Americas were no different than the Romans, Persians, Mongols, Turks, or any other aggressive, conquering power.

We just wrote a document that said we were different and then we proceeded to come up with reasons (manifest destiny, white man’s burden, etc) to justify doing said expansion despite our enshrined values.

Much of the document was stolen from the Declaration of Right in 1689 which was written as a result of the Glorious Revolution of 1688.

The Declaration of Independence was nowhere near as original as thought, and was partially plagiarized.

Good times...if you were white.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Ain’t nothing wrong with plagiarizing freedumb.

Many days I wake up, I realize how much I hate much of what resides in the United States. No one even knows what freedom is anymore, and it's turned into a one-size-fits-all term to justify the unjustifiable. Kind of like how Trump supporters can't figure out their false idol is an exact representation of what their parents or grandparents fought against 80-odd years ago depending on the generation.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That is the entirety of the second amendment. that is why there is endless debates. No where does it talk about self defense, sport, or conceal and carry.
it doesnt even say anything about guns or rifles or cannons...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Gotta love the dystopian future:
"In 2016, Rochester, New York, police looking for a suspicious vehicle stopped the wrong car and shot the passenger, Silvon Simmons, in the back three times. They charged him with firing first at officers.

The only evidence against Simmons came from ShotSpotter. Initially, the company’s sensors didn’t detect any gunshots, and the algorithms ruled that the sounds came from helicopter rotors. After Rochester police contacted ShotSpotter, an analyst ruled that there had been four gunshots—the number of times police fired at Simmons, missing once.

Paul Greene, ShotSpotter’s expert witness and an employee of the company, testified at Simmons’ trial that “subsequently he was asked by the Rochester Police Department to essentially search and see if there were more shots fired than ShotSpotter picked up,” according to a civil lawsuit Simmons has filed against the city and the company. Greene found a fifth shot, despite there being no physical evidence at the scene that Simmons had fired. Rochester police had also refused his multiple requests for them to test his hands and clothing for gunshot residue."

What a nightmare.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

I get it.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Cop that shot Blake was justified.

17 year old was in a place where he shouldn't have been, but DA will have a tough time getting convictions with competent defense.

It'll be time to take sides soon enough Aaron, come back so you can make sure to sign up.

Gonna go 2 for 2 soon.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
#1 Jacob Blake

#2 Kyle Rittenhouse

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Don’t remember which one Blake is.

Looks like Rittenhouse isn’t going to prison for murder after the recent testimony. Dude is still a fucktard.