J League Football

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Anyone follow this?

I've lived next door to Nissan Stadium for 3 years and never been. There is a home game today so figure I might go.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Bundesliga is probably the best word to yell out loud in a public space ever.

BUUUUNDESLIIIIIGAAAAAAAAA

hanafuda

Well, I got the tickets, and a Nakazawa uniform for my son.

Game on!

Pics to follow.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Well, I got the tickets, and a Nakazawa uniform for my son.

Game on!

Pics to follow.

I used to own Grampus Eight & Verdy Kawasaki tops, i'm sure it's a reasonably high standard these days though it seems to be e breeding ground for Brazilians to move to the Russian top flight these days.

snk`

Kula's Candy
J League Football, as in Soccer? I do mix up a lot.. don't understand why they came up with Soccer in the first place.

and why the rules are not implied exactly the same just like in every other country when it comes to football aka soccer. :oh_no:

p1_japan_0123.jpg

I only know of Nakata, who retired from professional football.

If I were you I'd definitely give it a shot, living in Japan must be really awesome.

hanafuda

Anyway, Yokohama (who we were supporting) stuffed Shonan 3-0, so all in all it was a good little trip. Only 10 minute walk away. The third goal was quality too.

Pics to follow.

hanafuda

Despite being born and raised in Manchester, England, that was the first pro football game I have ever been to. It was also the first pro football game my son has ever been to. He's 3 months old.

One thing that really stood out is how quickly it was over. Seems way longer when watching a game on TV. Or at least that's how it seemed to me.

There's another home game next weekend. May go back for more. We just got unreserved seats and they were 2,600 JPY each.

snk`

Kula's Candy
Those jerseys look very nice.. kind of surprised you come from Man Utd. and you've never seen a real game from the English Premier League, in my country they go all crazy over the English and Spanish League.

I used to be hooked into the Italian Calcio League, Inter Milaaannn :buttrock:

Nice pics hanafuda :)

hanafuda

Those jerseys look very nice.. kind of surprised you come from Man Utd. and you've never seen a real game from the English Premier League, in my country they go all crazy over the English and Spanish League.

I used to be hooked into the Italian Calcio League, Inter Milaaannn :buttrock:

Nice pics hanafuda :)

Thanks.

At 12,810 JPY the jersey was a nice price too! It is size 130cm so I hope he gets several years of use from it..

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Rad. I love the pictures. I went to a game last season at Jingu mae stadium and really enjoyed it. I go to a lot of baseball games usually. Let's go together sometime and get pissed in the stands! You're son is so cute!

hanafuda

Rad. I love the pictures. I went to a game last season at Jingu mae stadium and really enjoyed it. I go to a lot of baseball games usually. Let's go together sometime and get pissed in the stands! You're son is so cute!

Cool. I love baseball too but it would prolly have to be a Baystars home game if we went as they are closest. And they suck too!

There is another Kanagawa derby game @ Nissan stad this Sat the 20th if you are up for it. They sell 'oishii bi-ru' for 500 Yen. Turned out to be a 330ml can of Malts!

I'm going to Suzuka on the Sunday for Super GT kaimakusen too.

aria

Former Moderator
Nice pics --also a nice turnout for what looked like a rainy day.

Those jerseys look very nice.. kind of surprised you come from Man Utd.

Man City appreciates your support :emb:

hanafuda

Nice pics --also a nice turnout for what looked like a rainy day.

Man City appreciates your support :emb:

Thanks. Not a drop of rain though. They bust out the brollies at the end of the match, presumably to signify the win. I figure it is a rip off of the way Yakult Swallows bust them out whenever they get a run. Yakult's is better as they have a dedicated song and dance routine.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone follow this?

I've lived next door to Nissan Stadium for 3 years and never been. There is a home game today so figure I might go.

I used to love J League in the mid 90s but completely lost touch. I was all about Verde Kawasaki, Kitazawa and Ramos.

In retrospect, it's kind of goofy. I don't realy care about J League now seeing how good football is in the rest of the world...

Great looking photos, and what an excellent local turn out. I wish the States showed support like that, and if ticket prices were comparable to what you paid, I would go all the time. Thank you for sharing. I second the Cute Kid comments.:)

hanafuda

HAAHA Corporate teams...

Like Rollerball.

Maybe this went over my head, but Nissan sponsor the team and stadium. In fact, they almost didn't this year. The local government had to cut the price massively to get the deal on the stadium name. The cost of renaming street signs alone would be massive, aside from the revenue loss.

This kind of sponsorship isn't exactly rare in football.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
I think one of the things I would love to do more than anything is go and watch Gamba Osaka at the Expo '70 Stadium.

I've always been interested in the J League but as I only have terrestrial TV I only ever get to see bits of games on the net which is a shame as some of the clips on youtube are fantastic.

Wouldn't mind a Gamba jersey but if I wanted one over here it would end up costing about £85 which is ridiculous!