Jacob Blake - I need facts and the NBA boycott

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
What are you guys even trying to argue about?

Everytime you have an interaction with law enforcement you never know you could do everything right and still end up having a very bad day or dead. If you're a minority, poor handicapped etc the chances go up exponentially.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
But didn't Castile have a gun on him?

If you have a gun on you and you get pulled over don't move, don't reach in your pockets, don't do shit. The minute a cop sees you have a gun they go in itchy trigger finger mode.

He didn't even reach for it or anything did he? Looked like he just said he has one and a permit and then got shot. That's what I saw.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
He didn't even reach for it or anything did he? Looked like he just said he has one and a permit and then got shot. That's what I saw.

They told him to hand over his license and registration. He told them, proactively, that he had a licensed gun on him. They freaked, and when he reached for his wallet, they shot him five times. But you're right. If your nose gets itchy and you instinctively move to scratch it, you could easily wind up dead.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
But didn't Castile have a gun on him?

If you have a gun on you and you get pulled over don't move, don't reach in your pockets, don't do shit. The minute a cop sees you have a gun they go in itchy trigger finger mode.

Castile was murdered.

Period.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Re NBA - they're not quiiite willing to do on this hill, but they're close to it. The Lakers and Clippers, 2 of the 3 prohibitive title favorites, voted to boycott the rest of the playoffs. Just the strike on the first night alone technically violated the CBA, and if the league wanted to play hardball (i.e. what would happen if players tried the same thing in baseball, I'd guess), it could have cited that fact and shut everything down immediately and basically automatically started a lockout.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
They told him to hand over his license and registration. He told them, proactively, that he had a licensed gun on him. They freaked, and when he reached for his wallet, they shot him five times. But you're right. If your nose gets itchy and you instinctively move to scratch it, you could easily wind up dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

List of killings by law enforcement officers by country

Syria 1,497
US 1146
Nigeria 841

Canada 36
France 26
Australia 4
United Kingdom 3
Japan 2

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I wonder how you get shot by a cop in the uk? “Terribly sorry sir, I’m going to have to open fire if you continue to resist arrest.”

It's causalities, they might have been billy clubbed to death.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

k brah, you come on here and Monday you say the covid-19 mortality rate is 1%, then Thursday you post about hows it's 7% Saturday it's 3%.

What difference does it make? 180,000+ people are dead.

With the current system there's always going to be unknown variables.

Ok it's not 1146 it's an even 999 like PropaghandaU says. That's still 997 more deaths than in Japan.

Why?

Yeah OK only one person who wasn't resisting arrest was killed YAYAYYAAYYA

Why does that matter? If you resist arrest it doesn't mean the police can kill you.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I read they had Blake in handcuffs at the hospital bed...Not sure how someone paralyze is going to escape...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
My parents taught me to start crying and to show as much cleavage as possible if I ever get confronted by the police.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Yes yu r rite...I prefer justifying my town burn and sister be raped with no one getting in trouble because they are owed so much for all the injustice someone of similar skin tone supposedly went threw.

Absolootly

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Yes yu r rite...I prefer justifying my town burn and sister be raped with no one getting in trouble because they are owed so much for all the injustice someone of similar skin tone supposedly went threw.

Absolootly

Relax dude, just because someone is raping your sister doesn't mean you have to stop.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Absolootly

Dude, pls stop with the stupid shits. Think for yourself, after you read the constitution, criminal procedure, and the rules of evidence.

You can argue either way, but even if you spouted stupid ignorant shit on my side of the argument I would stop you. Just because a guy had a warrant out for him on sexual assault doesn’t mean he was convicted for it (fifth amendment), and doesn’t justify 7 bullets in the back at close range.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

Sure...how many steps should it take if you have several officers agitated to the point of guns out?:oh_no: yeah you can just ignore them because you don't do nothin..that is if you do wanna get shot.

You also don't have to just chill in the car if you are tweaking but I wouldn't recommend that either...don't care what color you are..if you aren't their buddy you better sit and roll over (then you can call your lawyer) unless you want it to get worse.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Dude, pls stop with the stupid shits. Think for yourself, after you read the constitution, criminal procedure, and the rules of evidence.

You can argue either way, but even if you spouted stupid ignorant shit on my side of the argument I would stop you. Just because a guy had a warrant out for him on sexual assault doesn’t mean he was convicted for it (fifth amendment), and doesn’t justify 7 bullets in the back at close range.

Holy Shit!

There was some sort of thought, statement and logic in that.

How did you figure it out? You're like magic or something.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Sure...how many steps should it take if you have several officers agitated to the point of guns out?:oh_no: yeah you can just ignore them because you don't do nothin..that is if you do wanna get shot.

You also don't have to just chill in the car if you are tweaking but I wouldn't recommend that either...don't care what color you are..if you aren't their buddy you better sit and roll over (then you can call your lawyer) unless you want it to get worse.

What kind of country do you think this is? Do you cite the need to react like a prisoner in a fascist police state to white people too, or just when it comes to blacks?

Karou, please grab your creepy axe and kill everyone around you. At least one of them is feeding you bullshit.