Jason David Frank dead at 49

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Suicide is the ultimate disgrace, particularly when you're leaving behind children and other loved ones who will be forever scarred. I sometimes think back to a kid I knew who was closeted gay. He was usually OK but frequently used to call me every gay slur imaginable as a "joke". He killed himself at 18, probably because he couldn't deal with it. I felt bad for him at first but he had a lovely family who were completely devastated. I can understand if you're terminally ill or something but as a father myself there is zero chance I would kill myself for any reason, especially over a woman. So basically, fuck people who commit suicide. It's selfish, weak and forever tarnishes your legacy on this earth.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Yeah it just makes people rethink who you were and sours fans who've bought into the idea of your success/reputation.

Happened with my dad and Keith Emerson the keyboardist as well. My dad had all his records and for decades regarded him as outstanding and legendary, but when he killed himself in the last couple years it sorta soured his reputation (or the myth of it) that fans like my dad had. Afterall on some level, idolizing someone is kind of based on the idea that they embody skills or a life that you as a fan might like to achieve as a dream, and when the guy you aspire to emulate suddenly and unexpectedly kills himself it's like "hmm guess he didn't have his shit together after all, why would I want to aspire to be like this guy who killed himself".

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Apparently he got into a screaming match with his ex wife at a hotel, security came and they went to separate rooms, then she tried to knock on his door later and got no answer. She got the hotel people to check on him and found him hanging.
Power Rangers actor Jason David Frank died by an apparent suicide after getting into a confrontation with his estranged wife.

TMZ reports that Frank and his wife, Tammie, were in the middle of a divorce. The two checked into separate rooms at a Texas hotel on Friday, November 18th. Over the course of the evening, they got into multiple arguments — at one point hotel staff were forced to intervene and calm things down.

Police were called to the hotel around 5:00 a.m. local time on Saturday when Tammie became concerned for Frank’s well-being. Officers discovered Frank’s body hanging in the bathroom. The exact cause of death is still under investigation.

Frank portrayed Power Rangers team leader Tommy Oliver on the beloved live-action series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. He reprised the character on several other Power Rangers series, as well as in the two feature films. Outside of acting, Frank was an accomplished mixed martial artist who achieved an eighth degree black belt in karate and competed in both amateur and professional matches.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Suicide is the ultimate disgrace, particularly when you're leaving behind children and other loved ones who will be forever scarred. I sometimes think back to a kid I knew who was closeted gay. He was usually OK but frequently used to call me every gay slur imaginable as a "joke". He killed himself at 18, probably because he couldn't deal with it. I felt bad for him at first but he had a lovely family who were completely devastated. I can understand if you're terminally ill or something but as a father myself there is zero chance I would kill myself for any reason, especially over a woman. So basically, fuck people who commit suicide. It's selfish, weak and forever tarnishes your legacy on this earth.
You are garbage!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
That's a very rational critique of an almost always irrational act

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I wonder if his legion of fans is going to harass his ex wife now?