Jedah Doma

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
No, I'm not here to troll you about revengeance, I just want to ask you about this:

Do you live close to where this happened?

Christ, up here in Ontario they are looking for a meteor and you guys get a fucking UFO.
:( :eek::crying::mad_2::scratch::oh_no::D:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
No, I'm not here to troll you about revengeance, I just want to ask you about this:

Do you live close to where this happened?

Christ, up here in Ontario they are looking for a meteor and you guys get a fucking UFO.
:( :eek::crying::mad_2::scratch::oh_no::D:

Yea it's about an hour outside of Wichita.

I didn't hear anything about this, but it's interesting to say the least.

You'll have to forgive my brethren to the North. Some days are slower news days than others. :crying:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Technically a UFO, though I don't think it's alien in origin.

Maybe a new model of scram jet they've been testing out?

It's kinda strange that they would disguise it so poorly and move it through town in broad daylight like that....like they want it to be seen.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Technically a UFO, though I don't think it's alien in origin.

Yeah, funny you make this thread because I was reading about the SR-71 Blackbird last night. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I got my fill of stupid UFO shows from when I was a kid, but it's odd to think that there hasn't 'officially' been a successor to the Blackbird, which was made in the 60s. The government didn't even tell us the Blackbird existed until a few years after the fact.

So I don't wanna come across crazy or anything, but do I believe in a Project Aurora type, hypersonic machine? Yeah.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Anybody else think of "Flight of The Navigator" when they saw that thing on the flatbed?

Max%2Bheld%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bbase%2Bwaiting%2Bfor%2BDavid.%2BFlight%2BOf%2BThe%2BNavigator.%2BTM%2526Copyright%2B1986%2BWalt%2BDisney%2BPictures%252C%2BPSO%252C%2BViking%2BFilms%252C%2BNew%2BStar..png

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, funny you make this thread because I was reading about the SR-71 Blackbird last night. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I got my fill of stupid UFO shows from when I was a kid, but it's odd to think that there hasn't 'officially' been a successor to the Blackbird, which was made in the 60s. The government didn't even tell us the Blackbird existed until a few years after the fact.

So I don't wanna come across crazy or anything, but do I believe in a Project Aurora type, hypersonic machine? Yeah.

The successors to the Blackbird are satellites dude.

Why fly over the area you want to monitor when you can continuously monitor it from various satellites.

The Blackbird goes so goddamn fast so it doesn't get shot down like the U2 (Did we forget about Gary Powers already?)

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
The successors to the Blackbird are satellites dude.

Why fly over the area you want to monitor when you can continuously monitor it from various satellites.

The Blackbird goes so goddamn fast so it doesn't get shot down like the U2 (Did we forget about Gary Powers already?)
Not entirely...
There are problems with using satellite surveillance.
Starting with: you can't really "hide" a satellite. Stealth dosen't work for something that you, yourself, need to see in order to talk to in order to command. Also, solar panels are reflective; so-much-so, that they are naked-eye visible from the ground at certain times of day. It's impossible to have 100% coverage, as the price approaches infinite (the CIA's black budget is a LOT, but it isn't infinite), you can go higher for better coverage, but there's a wicked trade-off in the massive loss of resolution, so if you want detail, you have to go low. Combine all of these facts with the fact that most spy satellites are in LEO with regular, predictable orbits, makes it relatively easy for guys on the ground to play hide-and-seek during flyovers.

There was a funny story I read in a book once, about the guys who worked at Groom Lake during the 60's, 70's, and 80's. They would play jokes on the Soviet infrared-reading spy satellites.
The crews working there had to be very aware of the Soviet flyover schedule because they had to make sure the sensitive stuff (in the book, not-so-legally-aquired MiGs, although there was other stuff too...) had to be put under cover. They also had to be aware of the shadows cast by the planes in the hot Nevada sun, which the infrared-reading satellites could see as silhouette left on the tarmac. Well, someone got the idea to deliberately cast fake shadows right before a flyover, so as to, as the Brit say; "take the piss."
Two standouts mentioned: were a 1/1 scale NCC-1701 and the Batwing from the 1989 Batman movie.

There is still a need for spy planes see where the satellites can't.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The massive load's shape would certainly drawn enough attention

The load was so long it couldn't make it forward

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper