Jelly and/or Jam

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Reading over the Peanut Butter thread made me want to create a new thread for its usual partner in crime...jelly and jam. What's your favorite type, flavor, brand or if you don't do the stuff. No poll on this but inquiring fans would like to know ;)

Personally I don't eat it too much these days but my favorite is (or use to be) Welch's Grape Jelly...and never could eat PB&J's...always alone on either bread, toast or muffin.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I like all jelly/jam flavors except orange marmalade--that shit is nasty. For favorite, I'm going to go with blackberry jam. I just put it on toast; I haven't eaten a PBJ sandwich in many years.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Welch's Grape Jelly. Smucker's Strawberry Jam.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
After getting teabag in Victoria, scones w/ jam is just too good.

I had this really cool spatula awhile back some asshole stole it.
621592_2409427691243_1021495810_o.jpg

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
I used to use jelly, but jam is easier to spread on bread. I like grape and strawberry paired with crunchy peanut butter. I don't care about brands, really, as long as they taste good.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Blackberry Jam lover here. Hard to source, there's always grape, raspberry and strawberry but Black Berry is a limited thing...love it!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
jam all the way. jam seems to be more sweet and rich. love me some blackcurrant jam. although both are called jam in britain.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Once a year or so I drive up to Julian, CA and get some Apple jam, Mixed Berry jam, and Boysenberry cider. Shit is amazing.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Jam of pretty much any type with butter on toast. No on the peanut butter I can't stand it and hell no on joining jam and pb together, that is some wack shit.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Not generally a fan of jelly, although someone here at work brought in some jars of homemade plum jam and it's the shit. I bought a jar of grape jelly a while back because I have good memories of eating PB&Js made with that shit as a kid, but I don't like it at all now.

As far as jams go, there's not much I *don't* like. If I'm just buying it from the store I go with strawberry, but if I'm buying it from like the farmer's market or something where the quality is a little higher, I really like variants of fig jam. Fig is really good with some other fruit as a combo jam, like fig/blueberry or fig/strawberry. Blackberry jam is THE SHIT but I prefer to eat that by itself rather than with PB, like on a toasted english muffin or something.

Edit: Maybe it's a regional thing, but it's not a problem to get blackberry jam here at all.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Strawberry preserves is where it's at.

This. I like having bits of strawberry in my jam.
But this is my fave overall:
GQQA10T.jpg

I also had some great jams while up in Alaska made from some of the wild berries there. They were amazing.