Jigen Memorial Arcade at Naka-Kon Anime Convention

Hellga

n00b
Hey all, I thought I'd approach you with a project I'm currently working on.

I am the Gaming director at Naka-Kon Anime Convention in Overland Park, KS, and I'm also Clint's sister. Next year will be 10 years since his passing :( I want to commemorate him somehow at the convention, and I think having a small arcade in the Gaming room would be a wonderful tribute. However, I need some help.

#1, we still have his MVS cabinet that he was working on fixing, but we don't know what needed done. The only thing I know of for sure that is messed up is the right joystick (it will work for up, down, and right, but not left), but I was wondering if anyone might have any info on what his plans were for it?

#2, as far as I know, we have two games for the system. One is Neo Turf Master and the other is some sort of top-down shooter, but I don't know what it is. I live an hour away from my parents and everything is in their garage so I'm operating on what knowledge I *do* have. I would like to have more games available at the convention, but I need help figuring out how to accomplish this. We take weekend donations (you get the stuff back afterward) so I'm hoping to find someone who might loan us a few cartridges for use.

#3, it would be great if we could have more than just that one cabinet there. We used to have a few other cabinets but they were all broken in some way or another, and were taken by his friends after his passing, in hopes of fixing them. I'm trying to track down a few of those friends but if that doesn't work out, I need help figuring out just exactly how to get arcade cabinets for a weekend. If anyone would be willing to bring a cabinet for the weekend, I would be overjoyed. Is there anyone local to the area that might be willing to do that?

Feel free to PM me if you want more details about the con, or if you just wanna reminisce about Clint. I can't believe it's been over 9 years now :crying: Next year is gonna be a hard year for our family :(

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I have a Samurai Shodown MVS cart I'd like to donate. PM me your shipping address and I'll get it sent out.

Hellga

n00b
Is there anyone else interested in helping us out? I want this to be pretty amazing. I know he would have absolutely loved to see something like this...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wish I lived closer, I would be happy to help.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Wow, this is the first I've seen this.
I'm not sure how I can help,
but I'd like to.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wish I was closer as well, I'd happily fix that cab up for you. As it is, if you need more MVS games I'd be happy to send you any games from my collection to fill up the cab and you could ship them back after the convention. The only thing is that I don't have mini marquees for most of them, so nobody would know what games the machine had without hitting the Select Game button.