JNX GOTW AKA Testers Needed*FOUND*

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I installed it into a NGX stick and put it through the paces, playing Garou, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown 2 and (lol) Pocket Fighter. I did use a totally stock stick, as the NGX stick that I actually use to play on has had some modifications to the stick, so it wouldn't be well suited for this test.

First off, I installed it using the same 8 screw positions that the screws came in, just like in Craig's pic:

attachment.php

Gameplay was pretty sloppy, actually. I'm not sure if the real Neo stick is like this since it's been a long time since I took one apart, but on the underside of the stock restrictor gate on the X there are little pegs that fit inside the holes of the microswitches, and without those pegs on the new restrictor I think the switches were a little loose, causing it to be more difficult to activate. The octo gate does have holes for all those positions though, so I put screws in all of those holes as well. I put it back together. MUCH MUCH BETTER! All the moves were coming out as they should, and crawling/bouncing around in Metal Slug worked as well. The little bump you feel in a NGX stick when the stick moves too far to the left and right is gone as well, I don't think the restrictor allows it to move quite to the extremes to prevent this.

In conclusion, this is a very worthy upgrade to a NGX stick. Now, the X stick is still kind of a piece of shit compared to the real deal, but if you have one laying around you should probably throw one of these in them when XX sells them. I'll be ordering some to put in my real sticks.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Cool, I'll take two of these when they go into production.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I installed it into a NGX stick and put it through the paces, playing Garou, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown 2 and (lol) Pocket Fighter. I did use a totally stock stick, as the NGX stick that I actually use to play on has had some modifications to the stick, so it wouldn't be well suited for this test.

First off, I installed it using the same 8 screw positions that the screws came in, just like in Craig's pic:

attachment.php

Gameplay was pretty sloppy, actually. I'm not sure if the real Neo stick is like this since it's been a long time since I took one apart, but on the underside of the stock restrictor gate on the X there are little pegs that fit inside the holes of the microswitches, and without those pegs on the new restrictor I think the switches were a little loose, causing it to be more difficult to activate. The octo gate does have holes for all those positions though, so I put screws in all of those holes as well. I put it back together. MUCH MUCH BETTER! All the moves were coming out as they should, and crawling/bouncing around in Metal Slug worked as well. The little bump you feel in a NGX stick when the stick moves too far to the left and right is gone as well, I don't think the restrictor allows it to move quite to the extremes to prevent this.

In conclusion, this is a very worthy upgrade to a NGX stick. Now, the X stick is still kind of a piece of shit compared to the real deal, but if you have one laying around you should probably throw one of these in them when XX sells them. I'll be ordering some to put in my real sticks.

Yup, I figured. The NGX stick housing(Green plastic on OSS, black on NGX) looks like they made a mold of the green one so the tabs for the switches aren't as thick as on the real ones so the microswitches have too much play on them. For the OSS and NSS, they aren't needed due to the pin size.

Did the clear one fit the NGX and was able to close? I can't remember if the NGX stick had those 2 plastic fins like in the OSS.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It closed fine, but there is a little pressure, but the case isn't bowing or anything. I think it's the screws I used, I don't think it did it when I closed it up the first time before I added them.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Did the clear one fit the NGX and was able to close? I can't remember if the NGX stick had those 2 plastic fins like in the OSS.

D'oh, I just reread that and realized I had installed the white one and never checked the thicker piece. The one that said "test fit on the NGX." I never claimed I could read!

I just swapped it, it fits fine but I can't put screws in the holes where the two channels are cut out for the plastic pieces to fit. I just removed them and left the others, doesn't seem like the switches are moving around. I'll plug the NGX back up and retest it later.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
D'oh, I just reread that and realized I had installed the white one and never checked the thicker piece. The one that said "test fit on the NGX." I never claimed I could read!

I just swapped it, it fits fine but I can't put screws in the holes where the two channels are cut out for the plastic pieces to fit. I just removed them and left the others, doesn't seem like the switches are moving around. I'll plug the NGX back up and retest it later.

Nice. The final version of the clear won't have the screw holes. The white version will stay the same. Thanks for the feedback.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So if the white one is the way to go, what's the deal with the clear ones? I want 4 but I still dunno if the diagonals are legit or not. Are you planning to do more than one run?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So if the white one is the way to go, what's the deal with the clear ones? I want 4 but I still dunno if the diagonals are legit or not. Are you planning to do more than one run?

Clears were made for just sexiness for people that care about that kind of thing. The clear one is a little trickier to make because of the two plastic fins in the OSS so two channels need to be cut out of the clear plate. The white version is the one that can fit in any stick so it's more versatile.

These will be infinite as far as I know unless some dickhead copies the idea like always. There's always some fag that can't make his own shit. Hopefully the price point makes it too hard to compete with.

Shoot me a PM Chris.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi

I just got one of the white restrictor pieces and installed it on my bean stick. So far, I've only tried it with metal slug, but I can say it works better than the original square restrictor plate. i like it so far. Just for fun, I also tried it with a Hori Fighting Stick II, and it could be installed no problem, but it does not feel good in that stick because the new plate is thinner than the original one, and the stick gets more space to move. I did not like it at all, however I do understand that these sticks are not the target for this product.

To summarize, it's a very nice product, thanks Xian Xi.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Can you snap a pic of it installed in the Hori II. I can probably have one made for Horis as well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just tried it on my Hori II that I forgot I had. It's totally doable, I'll have one made specifically for the Hori. Is the Hori I the same gate style as II?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Just tried it on my Hori II that I forgot I had. It's totally doable, I'll have one made specifically for the Hori. Is the Hori I the same gate style as II?

Nice, I'd really like this product for both my Hori II sticks.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
So, let my 2 year old daughter pound on the stick and spin 360s like a lunatic and its holding up great!

Spoiler:
P_20160330_180028_zpsl2fbccph.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So, let my 2 year old daughter pound on the stick and spin 360s like a lunatic and its holding up great!

Nice. LOL, that stare.

Nice, I'd really like this product for both my Hori II sticks.

The design has been made or the Hori II, can anyone confirm the Hori I is the same gate? I think it is. They should be ready for testing in a month.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I have a Neo Hori I that I could snap some pics of, if you tell me what you need.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have a Neo Hori I that I could snap some pics of, if you tell me what you need.

Just a pic of the gate and what the widest dimension of the square gate is.

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
Just installed the gates, two in the old style controllers and one in a new style bean. Everything works well. Tried last blade 2, mark of wolves, MS5 and sengoku 2. The bean controller was a step up above the original gate, still prefer original contoller. I think it's great improvement over the stock square gate. I highly recommend. Xian Xi great job.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
glad I could help!

But what does GOTW stand for? :scratch: Gate of the Wolves/Winners?

Bingo, Gate of the Wolves. I wanted to make something fun/stupid/obvious instead of something artistic/boring.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Lol, I totally didn't get that, and I used MotW as my primary test game.