JNX GOTW AKA Testers Needed*FOUND*

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The Geeser test passed with flying colors. After playing Fatal Fury Special extensively today I can confirm this gate it's the balls. As we all know FFS is perhaps one of the most strict in regards of inputs which require even more precision than most Neo fighting games. Raging Storms left and right, we all know how intricate raging storms can be due to the initial and end diagonals, I was flipping raging storms like a maelstrom. The gate performs so well that I had to get beaten a bit to get to the DSM bar and then spam them raging storms like it's out of style. Very pleased and impressed with the results.

My only concern would be the longevity of the GOTW but at 5 bucks a pop and with XX hopefully making multiple runs, I say we got us a nice new gadget here. For years I've always frowned upon Neo sticks 'cause the gate was just not the best for complex motions but this solves all of that. I wonder if there is a way to make this on metal, or perhaps that'd be way more expensive? Could be worth it though but at the same time, the plastic keeps the actuator from wearing as hard, so it's a give and take I think.

Also, Old man Rue does his DSM no problem, same for Duck King and all the other complex DSMs. That's the true test right there, Fatal Fury Special, best game ever on the Neo, also the most strict, everything else is down hill from there but still, I'll be doing some KOF 94, 95 and 96 tests 'cause their more demanding on inputs than later KOFs, also some AOF2 and of course I'm up for testing whatever other game anyone thinks it's worth testing.

Edit: Test was done on the New NG stick, I'll test it on the Old NG stick tomorrow, FFS all over again, after that I'll move unto the rest of the games I mentioned.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
thanks for the write up and testing, looking forward to what you will have to say about the oldstyle.

This thing sounds more awesome every time someone posts about it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sweet, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully the other test is as good.

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
Excellent job, these GOTW greatly enhance the Neo Geo sticks, thanks for all Xian

EM7OxfL.jpg

ZnFEG6V.jpg

vS3Kpbu.jpg

HOzfo2P.jpg

lions3

Igniz's Servent
My only concern would be the longevity of the GOTW but at 5 bucks a pop and with XX hopefully making multiple runs, I say we got us a nice new gadget here. For years I've always frowned upon Neo sticks 'cause the gate was just not the best for complex motions but this solves all of that. I wonder if there is a way to make this on metal, or perhaps that'd be way more expensive? Could be worth it though but at the same time, the plastic keeps the actuator from wearing as hard, so it's a give and take I think.

The white plastic was chosen because the material is known for being extremely durable and strong. It resists impact and wear. Plus it happens to be the same thickness as the stock gate (Always helps).

Anyway, it should wear well and as you mentioned be easier on the actuator

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Gesser Test Part 2 NG Old Style Stick

Just like the NG New Style Stick, everything worked just as nice. Raging Storms, Tung Fu DSM corner traps, chip mega cheap damage!!! So much love!!!!

What I noticed with the old style stick is that the throw travels a bit further due to the 4 points on the octo extending 1mm on the outer rim. Now this doesn't really affect anything as far as gameplay goes. Most people won't even notice it. I didn't notice it on the New Style Stick 'cause the metal gate is beveled so the throw is pretty much the same, plus it's a pretty short throw to begin with anyway. The metal gate for the Old Style Stick is not beveled, I mean, it is but very little, almost flush straight cut. I still consider the GOTW a tremendous advantage over the metal gate. This is the only way to fly!

Another thing I notice of no importance is that the metal plates have notches for the microswitches to stay in place but there's also some of these on the green seimitsu base, so the microswitches stay put just fine. Just remembers to make absolutely sure the microswitches are in place when tightening the GOTW, don't wanna warp it not noticing the a microswicth could be misplaced.

So all in all, this is the way to go, GOTW or bust! You have no idea how long I've been wanting to not complaint about the Neo sticks. This is the kind of thing that changes the game drastically for me. Good games, good controls, the rest is just filler.

BTW, now I need me some XX, PM incoming!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yup, it's the same for both and the difference is the shorter stick in the NSS and that slight beveling. You might recall me modding NSS with the shaft from an OSS for the longer throw. It's just personal preference when I did that mod.

As for the tabs, originally we designed it with the holes for screws and I totally forgot the green part had tabs for the switches already, we are leaving the holes for the white version and removing them on the clear. For the Hori, the holes aren't needed since the housing on the Hori is counter sunk which holds the switches in place which is really convenient.

Thanks for the feedback again.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
great idea, well up for getting some of these for my older sticks when everything is ready :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yup, it's the same for both and the difference is the shorter stick in the NSS and that slight beveling. You might recall me modding NSS with the shaft from an OSS for the longer throw. It's just personal preference when I did that mod.

As for the tabs, originally we designed it with the holes for screws and I totally forgot the green part had tabs for the switches already, we are leaving the holes for the white version and removing them on the clear. For the Hori, the holes aren't needed since the housing on the Hori is counter sunk which holds the switches in place which is really convenient.

Thanks for the feedback again.

Of course man, you're very welcome. Thank you for the generosity as always.

I have a Saturn Hori Stick, basically the same stick as the Neo Hori stick, would I be able to install this gate in it? I love the Old Horis...one day I'll try to get me a couple Neo Horis.

Edit: I remember that mod ad I can see why would you prefer the longer throw. I love the NSS throw though, it's so so short that DZ used to play the NSS with his thumb, crazy magoober, lol.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I tested it also with Blazing Star and Razion. The gate works great IMO for shoot 'em ups.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
oh wow, I want some white ones for my oldstyles bad!

Anyone wanna help me revitalize my Neo sticks by pointing me into the direction of replacement springs and microswitches for the sticks?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'll spread the word around for your next batch. People need to know how much of a big deal these gates are. They basically turn them sticks from mediocre to amazing. Really!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wonder if I can redneck engineer one of these into my cps snes stick...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm gonna try one in my Saturn Hori Stick...dunno, keeping my fingers crossed. XX is gonna be making some clear ones later, I believe those are for the Horis, I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

That SNES CPS stick, god damn it, all those years with the Super Advantage skittles tossed layout taste the rainbow bullshit, all those years playing Super SF gimped, that's prolly why I'm not as good as I could possibly be...had I gotten that damn stick (Which I never saw anywhere) I'd prolly be the amazing by now, lol.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I only got one last year thanks to Tweek, I use it with my cps2 setup. It's pretty great, buy not quite awesome, much like an old style stick. It's a sanwa jlw in there but you can't fit a jlw octo restrictor in there.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I guess I'm too late to the party, but I'm down for two on the next batch! :buttrock:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There's no way to make it work with the CPS stick, it's way to small. Oh well, was worth a shot :D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There's no way to make it work with the CPS stick, it's way to small. Oh well, was worth a shot :D

If there's a demand for them then maybe we can make one. how big is the gate?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I only got one last year thanks to Tweek, I use it with my cps2 setup. It's pretty great, buy not quite awesome, much like an old style stick. It's a sanwa jlw in there but you can't fit a jlw octo restrictor in there.

I love the JLW, god damn it my childhood gone by and I never had the chance, I could have been a dreamer~...I could have been a shooting star!~

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Sing me up for one once you're ready to sell them beyond the test. :D
Having a standard AES stick already modified with SANWA buttons, I can't think of a better next step for improvement!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If there's a demand for them then maybe we can make one. how big is the gate?

It's about the same size as a jlf but the mounting is a bit different. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of demand though.