JNX GOTW AKA Testers Needed*FOUND*

xorthen

Banned
Just got mine in the other day. Pulling moves off is so much better now. I'm not jumping all over trying to pull of all those crazy moves in KOF 2003 now. I recommend anybody who plays fighting games on their Neo and has trouble with pulling off some of the moves to grab this thing and install it. Super easy and quick too! Awesome product.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I really does feel great. I've got a custom AES stick because I never could use the original very well. But I gotta say James outdid himself. It feels great and makes it to where I'm now tempted to buy a Home Console stick and throw in the new Octo and a few Semitsu 24mm buttons.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Rise from your grave

I finally got around to installing this into my NGX sticks, and I'm happy to report that they are a quality product (unsurprisingly). I've never been a fan of the square plate and using the octagonal has made a world of difference.

The original plan I had was to install it into one of the two sticks and do side-by-side comparison tests, but after only a few seconds of play with the GOTW, I'm not even going bother.

The only real surprise out of all of this is how sturdy the metal plates were that came with the NGX sticks. I mean, considering the overall cheapness of the build, the metal plate was built like a tank. I now have two of them to use for paperweights.

tl;dr: Buy JNX's GOTW, it's a quality product.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I've been using them for awhile now, and I don't even think about it anymore. I plugged in some new aes sticks I just got and was thinking "this doesn't feel right"...then I remembered I swapped the plates out on my other sticks. Hahah

nam9

Zero's Secretary
Anyone wanna help me revitalize my Neo sticks by pointing me into the direction of replacement springs and microswitches for the sticks?

^ This?

My order from JNX is in the post. What else can i upgrade?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
My order from JNX is in the post. What else can i upgrade?
The best mod still is to switch out the buttons with Seimitsu/Sanwa ones, 24mm screw ins (you'll have to take out the PCB and rewire the buttons, piece of cake).
The stick itself in the oldstyle is pretty good, I wouldn't change it. Haven't gotten around to ordering new microswitches for the stick, but here's an old thread about it... if you find a good replacement in the EU, let me know.

Still haven't figured out what to get as a replacement spring though :(
Mine is pretty weak already.

This is kinda cool.
It is hella cool!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Like mentioned, swap in some new 24mm buttons and a 35mm balltop as well. Only other thing I would suggest is regreasing the stick. The old grease is usually nasty at its age. Personally I prefer white lithium.