Jomac in Australia

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Dudes,

I am about to bite the bullet and send a Nanao MS8 27" monitor chassis to Joe of Jomac in Australia. Apparently, he knows everything there is to know about Nanao and is the best in the world at repairing them. I really hope he can fix it because I do not want to throw a wei-ya chassis on this nice ass Toshiba tube. Anyhow, I am gonna keep my fingers crossed and let you guys know how it goes once I get it back.

Anyone ever worked with them. Do any research on Nanao repairs and his name will pop up all over the place.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
guy has helped me out a few times with stuff and as far as repairs go; hes pretty much the man to do it. If he cannot fix it for you it might be a lost cause. Good luck man.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
I think there was a ground problem in the cab it was in, when I went to adjust the remote board I felt a bit of a current going through it. I dropped the remote board and it touched some metal in the cab. I saw a spark and after that nothing...not even neck glow. It was a fucking killer monitor, so hopefully he can fix it. I figure it's worth a shot because there is no way I am going to find a CGA monitor that nice for any price anymore.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah, I crack a big smile everytime I fire up my blast. That monitor is just so perfect. Anyhow, I guess they do break all the time, the flyback goes bad and leaks some corrosive fluid on to the chassis. I have seen 4-5 cases on forums where that has happened in blast cities. So keep those fingers crossed man, hopefully mine never goes bad!!!

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
I've heard Jomac really knows his ish... I mean he wrote the damn MS8/ MS9 repair manual that Startech sells for $50.

Your best bet is with him. As for the voltage through your cab, is the cab grounded? My astros used to have residual voltage running through everything metal, and the issue was resolved when I grounded them.

If its not grounded, look on the back of the cab by the AC power cord. There should be a screw with a nut on it and a couple of washers. Thats the ground terminal. Clamp a wire in between the washers, and run that wire to either a copper pipe, metal radiator, or the ground terminal of a wall outlet/ surge protector.

Best of luck gettin that chassis fixed!
-Bill

PS: Did you check the fuse after the shock blew the board?

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
demirichris said:
Dudes,

I am about to bite the bullet and send a Nanao MS8 27" monitor chassis to Joe of Jomac in Australia. Apparently, he knows everything there is to know about Nanao and is the best in the world at repairing them. I really hope he can fix it because I do not want to throw a wei-ya chassis on this nice ass Toshiba tube. Anyhow, I am gonna keep my fingers crossed and let you guys know how it goes once I get it back.

Anyone ever worked with them. Do any research on Nanao repairs and his name will pop up all over the place.

Im sure they are OK, but sending boards from US to Australia seems a bit extream.
Is there no service in the US ?

bwodie

Another Striker
Joey is the man.
Has gone way out of his way shitloads of times for myself and alot of fellow dudes in the arcade scene
feel 100% confident.. one of the best guys in the industry