July SOTM Voting Thread

What game should we play?

• Total voters

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
R-Type - The only game out of the 3 that I have on various platforms.

Also, no fucking Zanac?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
R-Type has been on my "I need to start playing again" list for a couple years now.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
R-Type has been on my "I need to start playing again" list for a couple years now.

same. i've never actually bothered to clear it and a friend owns the upright, so this would be a good excuse.

jtucci31

n00b
I voted for R-Type. I mainly play the Turbo port. This will force me to practice enough to get past that 3rd stage. I'm no good at the game but I want to be!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I voted for R-Type. I mainly play the Turbo port. This will force me to practice enough to get past that 3rd stage. I'm no good at the game but I want to be!

That stage fucks with you during the second half where it makes you seperate the Force bit and put it on the back of the ship.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Damn, got rid of my r-type board a while back. Would have been nice to get into that one again.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Does R-Type on PCE count?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
:lolz:Man am I rusty. So far only been able to almost beat the first boss but keep flying into the bottom left ledge like a noob cake.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I voted for R-Type. Love that game.

I want an Outzone SOTM tho.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I want an Outzone SOTM tho.

Funny enough, R-Type is the game I chose to put in the poll over Outzone actually. I love that game and have been playing it a fair bit recently but it's more appropriately a run-and-gun if we want to nitpick. There's still plenty of good shmups we haven't played yet so I'll save Outzone/Commando/Gunsmoke et al for later on when the list is slimmer. I've been meaning to finally clear R-Type and I don't think it's ever even been nominated so I threw it out there.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Yeh!

If my monitor doesn't play tricks on me, I'll be all over it ;)