just had to deal with Amazon customer service for the first time

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
overall: pretty terrible

called about a package that was suppose to be Next Day delivery (Thursday) but was then listed as being delivered on Monday when i checked the UPS tracking site (for some reason the tracking information on the Amazon page wasn't working)

first person: said they would call me back while they tried to figure out the problem with UPS; two hours later i was forced to call back after i assumed i would never hear from them again (still haven't...)

second person: i could not understand a word he was saying to due to a heavy Indian accent (stereotypical... i know... but i seriously couldn't understand what the fuck he was saying to me)

third person: was actually very nice but after being on hold with her for 45 minutes and being told i was shit out of luck, i was too pissed to care (ended up being kind of abrupt to her in the beginning and apologized at the end)

i wouldn't be so pissed really if i hadn't started doing this at 8am (it is now almost 11am)

so yeah... 1st world problems

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
weather is causing delays everywhere.
Deal with it?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I was going to say the same thing. I have a package coming from Florida and it's been delayed through the weekend due to the storm. Not shocking, it's run its way all the way up the coast. Not anyone's fault.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
agree with the weather.

if you paid extra for next day delivery, im sure you can get some of that comped. otherwise everyone is dealing with these delays for everything.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My two experiences with Amazon customer service were amazing.

One time they fucked up my Kindle order and not only sent me the tablet, they refunded me half the cost.

The second time, they were late delivering an item I really wanted. I told them that I was really looking forward to getting it on time as a Christmas gift for a friend and they refunded the cost of the item.

I don't know how they stack up in comparison to other customer service divisions, but my experiences with them have been great.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I always use super saver free shipping, even if it means waiting until I have at least 35 bucks worth of stuff (used to be $25). The sort facility of the usps is out of state, so it's pointless to pay for expedited shipping.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I haven’t had any problems with Amazon yet. Hopefully a comp is given, AJ.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
From independent sellers, I would get my stuff out no problem. Maybe you got some new people that didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The only time I can remember having to deal with Amazon CS was last year when I traded in a game. There was a special game trade-in offer at the time, and I didn't receive the credit from the special offer when I was supposed to. Contacted CS about it, and I ended up receiving $60 total for a $20 trade-in (I was supposed to get $40 total originally).