Kamala vs Pence - Who is creepier?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I can't stand either of these lizard people. Kamala is a fake black version of Hillary and Pence is Damien from The Omen with white lego hair.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Harris didn't have a super typical Black American experience growing up (if there is such a thing), so the whole Auntie Kamala character she has put on during her VP candidacy (which wasn't there during the primaries) should be seen as cheap pandering and offensive. Of course, for people looking to validate their choice, it is real and endearing. What a struggle.

Pence is just Politician Model #6079-B, I knew people who for real thought Harris would get under his skin during the debate and he would snap at her. Nope, just drone on, stay on the talking points, and look right past her. More of a politician for an older era, there were zillions of these guys. The parties even nominated (at least) three of them recently for President! Gore, Kerry, Romney. All losers with no distinguishing characteristics.

Pence is probably creepier in real life, I don't imagine he can ever shut off his programming at this point. Especially if he doesn't really know you his guard would be up and he would be on his best robot behavior. Harris might at least be able to talk to you about her favorite Tupac song. Or something.

I wouldn't want to spend an afternoon with either of them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Harris didn't have a super typical Black American experience growing up (if there is such a thing), so the whole Auntie Kamala character she has put on during her VP candidacy (which wasn't there during the primaries) should be seen as cheap pandering and offensive. Of course, for people looking to validate their choice, it is real and endearing. What a struggle.

Pence is just Politician Model #6079-B, I knew people who for real thought Harris would get under his skin during the debate and he would snap at her. Nope, just drone on, stay on the talking points, and look right past her. More of a politician for an older era, there were zillions of these guys. The parties even nominated (at least) three of them recently for President! Gore, Kerry, Romney. All losers with no distinguishing characteristics.

Pence is probably creepier in real life, I don't imagine he can ever shut off his programming at this point. Especially if he doesn't really know you his guard would be up and he would be on his best robot behavior. Harris might at least be able to talk to you about her favorite Tupac song. Or something.

I haven't noticed any changes in Kamala between her senate career and today. She has the same behaviorisms as far as I can see. And she was never really a warm person. The alternative, Susan Rice, even less warm, but what you get is a real deal professional. I wouldn't mind having lunch with Kamala to talk about cyber security and the law. Her white paper on the topic was fantastic and was my go to for seeing what the standards should be in threat response. Her team at the California DA office was also top notch. Tony West, her deputy, is a fantastic attorney.

Mike used to be the voice fo a radio show in Indiana. Everyone knows this. It's worth giving the old recordings a listen if you have time. He's not simply a politician. He's a guy who was in touch with his audience.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Some great insights here. Both of them seem designed to make us hope nothing happens to their bosses.

Did you see Harris' interview on the 60 Minutes? Wow.

Pence's brand of dead-eyed Republican evil pretty much speaks for itself. He's so inscrutable I can't figure out if he's driving policy behind the scenes or if he's just Trump's loyal manservant. I'm not sure if Pence's religious fundamentalism permits gambling but I think he has the makings of a great poker player. If Trump loses, they will probably melt him down and use his spirit to reanimate the next Republican swamp creature.

Cue the music!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Who is creepier Mike Pence or John Ashcroft.

I think it’s pence but I’m pretty sure Ashcroft was actually looney.

Kamala sucks because she wants to take away my guns :emb:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Who is creepier Mike Pence or John Ashcroft.

I think it’s pence but I’m pretty sure Ashcroft was actually looney.

Kamala sucks because she wants to take away my guns :emb:

Ashcroft, like Gonzales, was a mercenary. Whether it was keeping people in prison for marijuana used for chronic and crippling pain, or assisted suicide, these guys, Ashcroft and Gonzales, were just shitty humans. I believe that all humans should be allowed dignity, and freedom to determine their own lives.