Karate Ninja Show MVS Proto FOUND

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
A friend has aquired Karate Ninja Show, A 1995 game which was unreleased By SNK. I am entertaining offers on behalf of my friend for other proto games which have never been released Officially. If you can please PM me or send Email to Neoprotomaster@yahoo.com I would appreciate it. Please only serious emails from other proto owners wishing to barter or work out some type of deal.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
While not beeing interested by owning a proto, i d like to see what the game really looks like in action, with high quality photos taken from the game your friend owns.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
photos will be up soon, hes a long distance friend, so please give me some time

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
ho~ sure sure, he can take all his time, the game was missing since 95, it s not in a hurry :)

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Cool...get the rom dumped, send it to our fave bootlegger, japhei, get him to have his hongkong hookup bootleg it, and your friend makes money and we all get to play it :D

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
At this time there are no plans for it to be dumped or copied.

Do you feal it would be right for an unreleased game to be bootleged?

This is a serious question, and im not sure if itd be good for the neo community or not.

Maybe Shawn can have an "official" release of it?

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Well,

Somebody out there owns the rights. I'd contact playmore, maybe they do, maybe the company that made it is long since defunct.

If the company is gone, I don't think it'd hurt if there could be some way found to mass produce it....then again, the HK bootleggers probably don't do runs on request...probably aren't too easy to get ahold of either :tickled:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
There is no "copyright snk" on the title screen just Yumekobo...
talking about yumekobo here is what they became:
http://www.yumekobo.jp
quite pitifull...
So i think there is no problem with allowing this game to be dumped, you won t hurt any sales anyway and the original board would still keep it s value, unique board.
Good example of what i say is true, there are neogeo games going verry high in prices such as metal slug 1 AES... the game has been dumped and played by a lot of people but still, it s collector and keeps it s value.

That said, whatever you both choose i respect, game is his property for now :)

*But i reccon i m verry frustrated because someone is hoarding Marble Madness 2 and i love marble madness...ah too bad barfy, you ll never play it*

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, I'd dump it in about 5 seconds... of course I wouldn't come forward with the proto, I would just anonymously post it to alt.binaries.neogeo. I feel the protos should be release.... but, what do I know. However, I do find it odd that you ask if it would be ok to dump and release a game when you have a SNK vs Capcom bootleg for sale on ebay... Selective morals perhaps? ;) Dump it dude... seriously...

-Nick

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
neo-geo 2 said:

Do you feal it would be right for an unreleased game to be bootleged?

You are right, bootlegging an unreleased game from 8 years ago is much worse than bootlegging the latest SNKP game a month after its release, and continue selling bootlegs even when an official MVS cart and the AES are coming.... :rolleyes:

I wish :mr_t: came and punched the shit out of you.

I'm just wondering how much time will Billy Pitt need to show up...

And just talking about the game itself, it looks like it could be good, you know the MVS severely lacks side-scrolling beat'em-ups... And about releasing it, I'd say that if it is indeed based in a manga somebody should still hold its rights.

Last edited:

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
Well? Is it any good? Or maybe that was the reason for it never becoming an oficial release.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Hmmm... I ve never heard of it in japan, and even so, i don t think it s protected elsewhere than in japan. Could use it freely elsewhere until it s protected abroad. Again i m not lawyer (Where is aunt Polly, Tom Lawyer ?) but i think it works this way.

edit: did blabla on foreign laws, it was boring ^^ just copyright doesn t mean anything legally in a lot of countries

Anyway, i just hope it s a good game... made by circa... i don t know them

Last edited:

Shin Takuma

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Can't wait for the pics !

I hope it will follow the Ghostlop path and soon be released on AES :D

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Complete Japanese-only minty AES collection? Sealed Neo Geo CD collection? *yawn*x1000 :loco:

:spock:

Welcome to last week...:rolleyes:

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Shouldn't Dion have this cart?????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, I am sorry. He spent the money he saved to acquire this cart and bought steroids, and steriods make Dion :very_ang: :blow_top: :mad: :blow_top: :very_ang: :mad:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Karate Ninja Show...isnt that some kind of contradiction or Shinobi blasphemy? Fun name by anymeans. I'd like to see this game. Ya know, download it to my X-Box and have all kinds of fun:smirk:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I think most of these unreleased protos are so because the games are crap. There is a reason they never made it out the door into the sunshine.