kerns tings

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I buy maybe one or two carts a year - not easy finding them in good condition nowadays

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Brexit killed importing pretty much

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Very nice. Very nice indeed. I like it's simplicity. Moz would be proud.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Current day prices
Urggh. I have really early games like FF1, AOF1 that are basically as new, paid probably a bit more because of it - but imo they are rarer in that condition than any motw

As for slug 2/x

Never getting those back I guess

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
sir-roger-moore-james-bond-photos-44.jpg

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Current day prices
Urggh. I have really early games like FF1, AOF1 that are basically as new, paid probably a bit more because of it - but imo they are rarer in that condition than any motw

As for slug 2/x

Never getting those back I guess
Getting a nice FF1 is a real chore. For some reason the plastic cover is hardly ever uniform across the top edge... so thirty years of exposure is going to damage any insert really.

Amazing how many early games are missing their manual as well. Weird.

Still, I look at that pic above and can't help but think I have too much crap... and I really don't have that much.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've never owned more than say - 70 games total, got rid of what little retro collection I had and just have the best of the old, and new now. Seeing people's sprawling retro rooms with boxed GameCubes, Wiis etc does nothing for me at all. I love the fact the only games I own are those above.

I'm pretty sure Patrick Bateman would have a similar setup in the 90s

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I've never owned more than say - 70 games total, got rid of what little retro collection I had and just have the best of the old, and new now. Seeing people's sprawling retro rooms with boxed GameCubes, Wiis etc does nothing for me at all. I love the fact the only games I own are those above.

How do you feel about walls full of vinyl records?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Dunno tbh. I have about 300. Vinyl is a pain in the bollocks, nothing about it makes sense

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member

Actually on reflection most of the stuff I've got outside of Neo-Geo has been bought and kept since it was contemporary... I think it probably looks like more than it is because of all the hardware. I'm not a fan of emulation so I have a lot of original hardware, but not necessarily an awful lot of games for each system.

Saturn and PC Engine are the two systems I've grown fond of in later years, but even now I only own a few dozen games for each and I don't think there's any other titles I reallly really want for either of them.

I think you're right though. About Bateman. I think he would have been the first to start using cart protectors as well. But not for the same reason as some of the collectard dicks that we occasionally have to put up with here. Bateman's balls would definitley not have been in his closet.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Always nice to see a concise Japanese only collection, the US games are so gimped and ugly. Wish I still had mine sometimes.

Why did you get rid of the cabs?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Always nice to see a concise Japanese only collection, the US games are so gimped and ugly. Wish I still had mine sometimes.

Why did you get rid of the cabs?
I moved about eight years ago and couldn't bring them with me. The money went into hifi so it wasn't too painful. Worth about double now including the PCBs but ehh

Might get a vewlix if I get a bigger place, but I'm not too bothered tbh

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
When I play the neo I use it with an ossc too
The heresy! I cba with having crts around any more however

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Dump it all, get a vewlix with an X3 Multi and never look back.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
It's fun. It's the difference between making proper coffee and using a keurig or some shit

Except that digital tastes nicer than vinyl, after saying that I will always keep my Discharge vinyl, I bought Why the day it came out. Wow what an EP that is. o_O

Lovely collection Kernow, my AES collection has always been Japanese only although mine has slimmed down to about 10 favourites.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
When I play the neo I use it with an ossc too
The heresy! I cba with having crts around any more however

I'm the same. A couple of years ago I dragged the old CRT I had in my room as a kid at my mom's house to my place. After setting it up in my home I almost instantly regretted it. Within a couple of months I took it back to my mother's home. :P

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member

I do have room filled with retro stuff but to be honest. I'm seriously considering getting rid of everything after the Dreamcast. I just don't give a shit about that. I just to lazy to set up all the sales. But If I'm seeing how much wii u stuff is going for these days. I should really get off my arse.