Keurig Coffee makers are pretty much the shit.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
I bought one on the recommendation of a coworker thinking I would end up just returning it but man, let me tell you, it's pretty awesome having so much variety. I mean, a different flavor every morning. Plus, when you register it on their website, you get two free boxes of k-cups (coffee and such) when you purchase 2. I bought a few samplers to try out a bunch of flavors and between what best buy and bed bath and beyond carried I have enough coffee for over a year. It's just crazy.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I've had mine for about a year and I like it a lot. There is so much good stuff out there, Timothy's Kona and Coffee People's Donut Shop are some staples for me but I really tend to keep a decent variety. As weird as it sounds you should try the Golden French Toast it's pretty good. Timothy's in general is really good probably my favorite brewer.

I also drink a bit of Sweet Tea with it too, and was surprised at how good it is. You just have to make sure and put the right amount of ice so it's not too watered down etc.

I will probably think of more recommendations later.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
We just bought one, and so far my wife and I are enjoying it.

I'm surprised at the variety. English Breakfast, French Roast, Serbian Sunrise, and Mongolian Morning just to name a few.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
We got one for my dad for Christmas a few years and he's been using it nonstop ever since. He likes the Newman's Own and Donut Shop, I was thinking of getting him some of the Dunkin' Donuts K-Cups they have to see if he'll like that. I'm not a big coffee drinker, so I don't care for any of the brands. The hot chocolate is really good. I'm having problems finding a good tea. When we got the unit it came with a tea in a pink cup and I forgot the name of the brand, it was really good. We tried another one and it wasn't as good. I'd love to see them make a K-Cup for a cup of chicken soup or something like that.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
A quality product for people who want to pretend they're drinking coffee or tea.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
I've had mine for about a year and I like it a lot. There is so much good stuff out there, Timothy's Kona and Coffee People's Donut Shop are some staples for me but I really tend to keep a decent variety. As weird as it sounds you should try the Golden French Toast it's pretty good. Timothy's in general is really good probably my favorite brewer.

I also drink a bit of Sweet Tea with it too, and was surprised at how good it is. You just have to make sure and put the right amount of ice so it's not too watered down etc.

I will probably think of more recommendations later.

I'm going to look up that Golden French Toast right now. I have a bunch of Timothys and Donut Shop already so I'm feeling you on that. The Gloria Jeans Capachino flavor is pretty awesome. Also, the Hot Apple Cider is amazing as is the sleepy time tea. I really wanna try the Chocolate donut flavor.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
my wife got one for her bridal shower. expensive? yes. worth it? totally. quick and easy. plus amazon has a nice selection of k-cups on the cheap.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I just started a new job and they have one in the office. Fan-fucking-tastic. They should just hook it up to an IV and pump it directly into my arm at my desk.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
We have one at work as well, I'm definitely thinking of getting one for the house. The Donut Shop variety made me a believer.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
we had one 3 years ago and i think it lasted about a year before I sold it. my main complaint besides the taste, is that when you have guests over, you have to make each individual cup and it really does take a loooong time (say for like 6 people). ours was not connected to the water line, so filling it up and making cups for everyone took forever. Also, the boxes of coffee are not cheap when compared to buying beans.

I bought a 3 dollar goodwill coffee pot and started grinding my own beans... it tastes a lot better than any of the k-cups I tried. The adapter to put coffee grounds in the Keurig would also continually get grounds into my cup as well.

Overall, I think it is fine for a "one-off" cup here and there. Now I brew 1 to 3 pots a day (split between 2 people) and won't even consider getting a Keurig again. I think the only place it is good for is an office setting or for single people who have 1 cup per day.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Love it, but I'm not the regular coffee drinker I used to be. It's convenient and the quality isn't bad. I tend to use it for tea about as often as coffee.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Had one at my work a few years ago, and it was great for people who rarely drink coffee like me. It is bad for the environment. Have they started that recycling program they were talking about?

Can't see the point of the tea when tea bags are so easy and cheap.