Kevin Conroy passes away

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Kevin Conroy, the Definitive Voice of Batman, Has Died

Kevin Conroy—the actor who became Batman for generations of fans when he voiced the Dark Knight in the iconic Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League cartoons, as well as a plethora of video games, including the Batman Arkham franchise—has died. He was 66.

First reports of Conroy’s passing, after a brief battle with cancer, came from Diane Pershing, who played Poison Ivy opposite Conroy in the legendary Batman: The Animated Series, before being confirmed by Warner Bros. Animation.

“Kevin was far more than an actor whom I had the pleasure of casting and directing—he was a dear friend for 30+ years whose kindness and generous spirit knew no boundaries,” said casting director Andrea Romano in a press release provided by Warner Bros. “Kevin’s warm heart, delightfully deep laugh and pure love of life will be with me forever.”

“Kevin was perfection,” added Mark Hamill, the Star Wars star who voiced the Joker opposite Conroy’s Batman. “He was one of my favorite people on the planet, and I loved him like a brother. He truly cared for the people around him —his decency shone through everything he did. Every time I saw him or spoke with him, my spirits were elevated.”

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
This sucks. Weren't they going to reboot the 90s Batman TAS? These reboots usually don't hit the mark, but whatever happens with that, it'll be lesser for having a different voice actor for Batman.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Damn. This is a loss. As most have already said - this guy WAS Batman. RIP Mr Conroy.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Damn, this really sucks, absolutely the best Batman ever. RIP, legend.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Fuck you 2022. You had to take one more. Rest in peace Mr. Conroy.

Edit: For those that don’t have the complete Batman animated series on Blu-ray, it is 40% off on Amazon right now. I know I’ll be rewatching episodes this week.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Mega bummer, dude was awesome and obviously a big part of a lot of people childhood and lives.

I still need to get a copy of Mask of the Phantasm on BD.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, what a bummer. A really great Batman but, more importantly, a really good person by all accounts. All the stuff he did for 9/11 first responders, charitable work, going out of his way at conventions to be kind and gracious. Just a solid dude.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
There are many great Batman's, but arguably none are as definitive as Kevin Conroy's.

The king is dead, long live the king.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Conroy played Batman in over 400 episodes of television (including a live action credit), at least 15 animated films, and at least two dozen video games. He also voiced John Grayson, The Phantom Stranger, and Hush.