Kid sees Empire for the first time. EPIC NOSTALGIA

Curt

apostate
Such a good moment. I remember feeling the exact same way.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I bet they were watching the Blu Ray version...

Curt

apostate
I bet they were watching the Blu Ray version...

Which brings another good point.

This Generation is not going to know whats up, these will just be Star Wars as they've always known them. Pretty sad.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Empire was relatively unchanged for the bluray, so it's not too terrible.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Why the surprise? Were these kids not paying attention during the first three movies?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

When you say relatively unchanged, do you mean from the original source, or from the last set of changes that Lucas made?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Pfft. I didn't forget Star Wars/ANH, haters. It doesn't have any bearing on whether the reveal at the end of Empire would be a surprise.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i have no idea when i had this moment. It will be cool for this kid to have this video to remember how it all went down.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
It may have been the bluray but at least that scene was intact. The facial expressions were priceless and put a big ass smile on my face

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Simpsons and the rest of the world ruined the reveal for me by the time I had seen it.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
When you say relatively unchanged, do you mean from the original source, or from the last set of changes that Lucas made?

But even from that source not much changed. Some extra background stuff was added, but I don't recall extra scenes or dialogue

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Did they ever switch the voice back on Boba Fett? I hated that they gave him Jango's voice because of the clone bullshit.

This video is another reason why I'll never show my kids or my nephew the prequels before it. I had that same look on my face when I saw it. It's funny because I was in the same group as James Earl Jones. He said when he read the line off he said, "He's a liar! That's not true!" I did want to yell out the Homer line when I saw Empire for the Special Edition re-release, but decided on not doing it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Boba Fett barely spoke, anyway. What did he have -- 4, maybe 5 lines in the entire movie, total?

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
good new's guys, in teh upcoming re-re-re-mastered version, lukes angry screams will be replaced w/a monotone "noo." "noo." "noo."

teh chinese subtitles will still say "do not want"

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Boba Fett barely spoke, anyway. What did he have -- 4, maybe 5 lines in the entire movie, total?

I think three if you don't include him screaming when he falls into the Sarlac Pit in the beginning of Jedi. I just thought it was another stupid addition that he made to the DVD versions. Other then that I don't think anything else was changed with Empire.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
"As you wish."

"He's no good to me dead."

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

There you go. THREE lines. As far as I can remember, that is about the extent of Boba Fett speaking in Empire. Did he say anything else in the movie? Not really a big deal if the voice (which had distortion on it anyway) was slightly altered.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
"As you wish."

"He's no good to me dead."

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

There you go. THREE lines. As far as I can remember, that is about the extent of Boba Fett speaking in Empire. Did he say anything else in the movie? Not really a big deal if the voice (which had distortion on it anyway) was slightly altered.
i thought he said something when they loaded Han into the slave I

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
i thought he said something when they loaded Han into the slave I

He apparently says "Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold."

Meh. A character that always got more cool cred than he deserved.

Last edited: