King Kong vs Godzilla.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Trailer dropped yesterday.

What do you think? Im pretty sure Kong won in the classic movie. All in all it looks ok I always thought king of the monsters deserved more hype

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Will watch the movie immedately if it has Zero-Akuma in it. If not - I'll watch it anyways.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Hope it's better than Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I liked Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island but King of the Monsters sucked ass.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Green Text chads got me thinking tho

psnb6ztoefd61.jpg

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
From the trailer it looks like Godzilla's getting his as handed to him.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I mean, can you really beat Big G?

Guarantee this film is working towards a third film where they team up to stop a larger threat.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hope it's better than Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I liked Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island but King of the Monsters sucked ass.

For me, it was kind of the opposite. Even though it wasn't great, I could at least sit through King of Monsters until the end. But Skull Island, I punched out with only about 30 minutes left, I was so bored.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
One thing I did like about Skull Island was that it took place during the day. I know they want you to see all of Godzillas radioactive lighting and breath but this looks like it's going to be a big loud, dumb, wet, dark mess with way too much of the terribly cringey human story needlessly crammed in.

I don't think I'd be able to see it in a theater without getting a headache or walking out much like Pacific Rim.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
One thing I did like about Skull Island was that it took place during the day. I know they want you to see all of Godzillas radioactive lighting and breath but this looks like it's going to be a big loud, dumb, wet, dark mess with way too much of the terribly cringey human story needlessly crammed in.

I don't think I'd be able to see it in a theater without getting a headache or walking out much like Pacific Rim.
Pacific Rim is exactly what the trailer made me think of.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Shin Godzilla is the best. I don't understand why there isn't a sequel to that yet

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Meh. I second what terry.330 had to say on this. Meaningless human plot + 2+ hours of CGI action just for the sake of it = pass.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I've liked all of the recent Godzilla movies and Skull Island as well. I'll watch this one for sure, just depends on where (if theaters are open by then). I went to see Tenet in the theaters and the theatre was practically empty. It was such a weird experience.

I was in Walmart the other day and saw they had some Godzilla toys; Space Godzilla and Destroya. It was interesting because as far as I know there is no connection to the new movie. Just seemed kinda random.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Another Chinese-funded piece of shit. Legendary Pictures used to be great before they were bought out in 2016.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've liked all of the recent Godzilla movies and Skull Island as well. I'll watch this one for sure, just depends on where (if theaters are open by then). I went to see Tenet in the theaters and the theatre was practically empty. It was such a weird experience.

I was in Walmart the other day and saw they had some Godzilla toys; Space Godzilla and Destroya. It was interesting because as far as I know there is no connection to the new movie. Just seemed kinda random.

They have a lot of nostalgia merch out there. Aliens, Ghostbusters, etc. it’s a trip, it clearly marketed at adults and not kids.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Just saw this. Was amazing and a major spoiler happens. It started out weak though but ended fantastically.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It’s crazy to think that you could take a metaphor about American slavery, a metaphor about the atomic bombing of Japan,

and make it about two non-Chinese destroying Hong Kong.

really makes you think where this is going.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Now for my spoiler thoughts.

Spoiler:

Round 1: Godzilla kicks Kongs ass
Kong goes underground and finds Stormbreaker a Giant Axe that can absorb Godzillas nuclear breath

Round 2: Godzilla kicks Kongs ass.
Nearly kills him even with his stormbreaker. Then Mecha Godzilla shows up and I freak out like a kid on Christmas.

Round 3: Mecha Godzilla kicks Godzillas ass.
Kong gets a defibrillated and is back in the game.

Round 4: Kong and Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla.
Our heroes win due to the power of friendship and humans messing with Mecha godzillas computer. They broshake and go thier separate ways.

End credits.

It was a slog going through this at the start but once it got going it never really let up. As cheazy as mecha godzilla was brought in it was completely out of left field and was happy to have him join the fray. Gave them something to team up against obviously. It was a fantastic feast for the eyes. And I enjoyed the movie immensely. Just finished it but yeah it was good.

You could definitely shit on it if you want. I liked the power scaling evem though Kong got a weapon for him to even compete and lost anyway. I liked that part alot.

Last edited:

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I watched it on the xbox series x. And yes it did. Rented for $25 which is nuts but its probably the only movie that I'd be willing to go that far with. Im not sure about the ps4 though. I'd assume so.