King of Fighters 2003

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ok i just got the game recently and dont really know where to start ...
So i need combo's , tactics any thing useful :D
Phix :buttrock:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Head on over to www.fierceslash.com and check the KOF2003 forums. There's some really good info and it's a great place to start for beginners.

Any characters that you specifically want tips for?
I guess a good place to start would be to learn the big 5 of 2k3.
Duo Lon
Malin
Daimon
K'
Ash
In that order...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
firebomber said:
Head on over to www.fierceslash.com and check the KOF2003 forums. There's some really good info and it's a great place to start for beginners.

Duo Lon
Malin
Daimon
K'
Ash
In that order...

I could use some strats for Shen. I dont know a good way to be effective with him.

Robert

20 Year Member
According to Arcadia magazine, the best two characters are Duo long and Goro. I didn't play a long time to KOF 2003 but it was enough to see that the game is highly addictive. Tag combos are insane, Garou and new characters add so much to the roster ( Ash is a easy combo characters and very efficient), Tag system add tactics to the game.....

I would also recommend the combo DVD made by SNK: informative and well made, it teachs you every from the basic combos to the most devastating tag one.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I could use some strats for Shen. I dont know a good way to be effective with him.

I posted a lot of strats in this thread
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101324

also check diavle's thread at fierceslash
http://fierceslash.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52

He's all offense all the time. It's best to use him as your first character so you can make use of the 3 free stocks.
For this same reason he doesn't work well with other characters that eat meter. King and Benimaru for example.

The reason I rank Malin over Goro is because Goro can only be no. 2 some of the time. To be effective he has to be Leader and against the right characters. Some characters are a huge problem for him like K and Malin.

Malin on the other hand is consistantly dominating. She has no real bad matchups. She can run the clock and the opponent has little to counter that with.

I don't disagree with the Arcadia rankings. It's just that Malin is just as good if not better most of the time; even if Goro can dominate more effectivly under the right conditions.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
wtf is a "strat"?

is that combo dvd online anywhere?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
NeoCverA said:
wtf is a "strat"?

is that combo dvd online anywhere?

strat = strategy

Orochinagi had the dvd online a while ago. If you look through their forums the link is somewhere.

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
firebomber said:
strat = strategy

Orochinagi had the dvd online a while ago. If you look through their forums the link is somewhere.
Any one got the link to this vid i couldnt fine it :p
Cheers Phix

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:

The team I usually use is Leona (L), Shen Woo, and K'. Now, I'm not going to claim I know everything about the game, since I know for a fact there are people that know lots more than me, (firebomber being one of them) and he probably knows more about Shen than I ever will, but I figure I would post what I usually do, and maybe that'll help.

I mainly use Shen as my first guy, as he's pretty strong, and in my opinion, can gain bars back pretty quickly. With 2 bars, you can do a j.D, s.C, qcf+C,SC into qcf x2 D. It does about 50% damage, which I think is decent.

When you need bars, you can either do a j.D, s.C, qcb+A, qcf+A, which can get you almost an entire bar if it's blocked.

his hcf, f+C command grab I mainly use for tagging in my leader so they can pull off their LDM, it's also a perfect set up for either of the two other combos I listed earlier. If you're quick about it, it can also reflect fireballs, which can be a suprise to people who don't know about it.

That's really all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure someone else knows more than I do. Example being that I don't know what the point of his f+D spin is, but I really haven't messed around with it too much. I only got 2 other people up here in Grand Rapids to play with, so I don't have too much experience fighting real people, like firebomber.

Hope it helps.

Brett.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
G-Product said:
got any vids?

Dozens. if you have AIM, just IM me at snesaes. It'll take a while to get them, but they'll be worth it.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
We need more threads like this, so I thought I'd bump this one.

I've been playing around with several characters lately:

Kim:

Abusing his c.B, qcb+C x3, qcb,hcf+D Is pretty fun, you can throw his leader in sometimes (I usually don't use him as my leader though)

His regulars seem kinda weak----any good pokes etc....???

Also been putting my efforts into Robert:

Love the s.C, b+A, qcb+D but it's unreliable. I'm looking for something really decent out of his c.B so far I'm using c.B, qcb+D X4 but I feel like I could probably be pulling more out of him.

I noticed today that this connects: hcf+D, dp+D (wait till they are low), qcb,hcf+A (SC) I don't think the damage is worth the difficulty but it looks awesome and is fun to pull off.

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
firebomber said:

Duo Lon
Malin
Daimon
K'
Ash
In that order...
that was a 2004 post, didn't notice ^^

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
It really ticks me off that people (mostly those who haven't played it heavily) write this game off as "crap." It's a damn good game, not as good as 2k2 or 98 but damn fine none the less. Mostly they just say "duo is broken------end of story"

They are missing out on a good year and it's a shame.

neo>all

Super nO0b
Lashujin said:
It really ticks me off that people (mostly those who haven't played it heavily) write this game off as "crap." It's a damn good game, not as good as 2k2 or 98 but damn fine none the less. Mostly they just say "duo is broken------end of story"

I think it's better than 2k2 but can't even touch 98

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Lashujin said:

I <3 2K3. Why?

'Zoc is fucking bad assed. I love his grapple range and his Peck From Hell (tm) is almost too good. Almost.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
jaydubnb said:
I <3 2K3. Why?

'Zoc is fucking bad assed. I love his grapple range and his Peck From Hell (tm) is almost too good. Almost.
The peck is one of the best moves in the game.
Always nice to see peoples reactions when you do crazy shit with it like stop a buster wolf cold or peck through fireballs.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
My friend owned my ass so hard with Griffon today I almost wet my pants!